• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

21 best fried chicken joints in America

Strouds in KC is overrated IMO, but we are getting a Gus's location.

Somehow I've never been to Mama Dips in Chapel Hill.

WE WILL GO. It will be like at Wee Scott's wedding when we each ate 3 pounds of mac and cheese.

I don't think there's anything I can eat there anymore. "I would like your gluten free fried chicken, please."

That rehearsal dinner had a great spread though, damn.

Last edited:
Stroud's has gone really downhill. Just ... eh these days.

Also - no Publix on the list, which means it's invalid.

Reactions: BDL
I think I've been to Mama Dips, but I'm not sure. That's the only one on the list that is even a maybe though. While I like fried chicken, I really don't get all that worked up about it like a lot of people do. I typically prefer the sides at fried chicken places to the actual fried chicken.

Somehow I've never been to Mama Dips in Chapel Hill.

Went once. Over priced and overrated. I can see the appeal if you've never had soul food before though.

Purportedly, the guy who put the list together went to all these places before compiling the list. Strange he'd pick places that are well past their prime just for their name.

No way the best fried chicken is in all those big cities.

They got fried chicken joints popping up all over the place in Chicago. It's the new doughnut, which was the new cupcake.

Princes Hot Chicken is well deserving.

Federal Donuts is good - but with the way people in philly salivate over it, I expected it to be the most amazing thing ever. It was good, but I have had better fried chicken in the city.

Princes Hot Chicken is well deserving.

Federal Donuts is good - but with the way people in philly salivate over it, I expected it to be the most amazing thing ever. It was good, but I have had better fried chicken in the city.

The soul food place in Reading Terminal is awesome.

Went once. Over priced and overrated. I can see the appeal if you've never had soul food before though.
Bullshit. It's not even expensive.

Been to Stroud 's once and thought it was good, not great. Going to check out Prince's in Nashville in March

Last edited:
Back