• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

21 best fried chicken joints in America

His judgment is flawed

Some things you just know

ok

sadly when i was at rocky's i was in the throes of one of the worst hangovers of my life

the food was delicious but i could only muster a few bites

i just left the restaurant and walked a couple miles away and then returned

sad

Anyone been to Soo Cafe in Raleigh? Korean fried chicken. Its awesome. If you haven't been, go. It used to be on Hillsborough, but moved to off capital because of the new hotel. I am worried the new location will kill it, but its really good. I suggest the hot. The other sauces are also good, but hot is my favorite.

I have been to Soo's a couple of times for lunch and the chicken is ridiculous. But yeah, tough location. Always empty when i am there.

ok

sadly when i was at rocky's i was in the throes of one of the worst hangovers of my life

the food was delicious but i could only muster a few bites

i just left the restaurant and walked a couple miles away and then returned

sad

I don't get peeps who can eat on a bad hangover

when I have a bad hangover the last thing I want to do is eat. I think it was the opposite in college

Wrong, it's the same TN style hot chicken (mild is still plenty hot for most), and even if you give the edge to Prince's on the chicken alone (I don't), Rocky's has a much better full menu with great sides too.

You think cookout is good

I'm skeptical

You think cookout is good

I'm skeptical

For a fast food restaurant, yeah. I eat at lots of nice places too. It's all relative.

(cookout is more of a college nostalgia thing, and occasionally a late night drunken treat these days)

In Miami Often. Always make sure to go to Yardbird. Great drinks, and the fried chicken and waffles with Bourbon Maple syrup is amazing.

Nice. Thanks. Is it a kid friendly place? If so, that would greatly enhance the chances of making it over there when I'm in town.

My wife (and Deacon grad) and I had our rehearsal dinner at the HollyHock in Indianapolis. The second owner was her grandfather. Best fried chicken I ever had. Unfortunately, he did not pass the recipe down to us.

Back