• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Philadelphia Restaurants

I thought Paesanos was in Fishtown. Same owners in Italian Market or different restaurant?

I thought Paesanos was in Fishtown. Same owners in Italian Market or different restaurant?

Same people - they also own that italian restaurant across from the one on Girard, Modomo or something like that. They are expanding the girard location now - the counter service is cool, but it gets too jammed.

Frankford Hall is cool, but also really packed to get into. I tell people to head to barcarde if they are up there, great beer list, but mainly because I like going there and playing the original NBA Jam for like 2 hours - Pippen & Grant demolish in that game.

I love Alma de Cuba for some fine latin grub. Dalessandro's for cheesesteaks (need to cab it here).

Alma de Cuba's chef died suddenly of a heart attack the other night during dinner. Very sad. I definitely wanted to try that place.

Link

This may be morbid, but I doubt the place closes down, Starr runs through chefs all the time.

Sad to hear about this, his food was awesome and the place was great. Scary since he was young and in shape.

My trip was earlier this week. A lot of my top choices were closed on Monday. I was in the mood for a burger and beer so I thought I would walk to the nearby Village Whiskey. They told me they were full and I said I could wait. They said a huge group just came to the bar, but I could sit outside if I wanted. It was 29 degrees. Maybe you tough Philly guys have a beer and burger outside when it is below freezing, but after years of living in Texas I could not imagine doing that. I ended up at Twenty Manning. Good food. Service was okay. Before heading to the airport the next day I had a roast pork sandwich with broccoli rabe and hot pepperse from Dinic's that really hit the spot.

Anybody in Philly ever hear of or try a sandwich spot called Matt & Marie's?

This may be morbidly obese but I doubt the place closes down, Starr runs through chefs all the time.

Sad to hear about this, his food was awesome and the place was great. Scary since he was young and in shape.

Fify

Anybody in Philly ever hear of or try a sandwich spot called Matt & Marie's?

I've heard good things, but never been, they cater a bunch of corporate events - the shop is up closer to townies part of town and the financial part of the city.

My trip was earlier this week. A lot of my top choices were closed on Monday. I was in the mood for a burger and beer so I thought I would walk to the nearby Village Whiskey. They told me they were full and I said I could wait. They said a huge group just came to the bar, but I could sit outside if I wanted. It was 29 degrees. Maybe you tough Philly guys have a beer and burger outside when it is below freezing, but after years of living in Texas I could not imagine doing that. I ended up at Twenty Manning. Good food. Service was okay. Before heading to the airport the next day I had a roast pork sandwich with broccoli rabe and hot pepperse from Dinic's that really hit the spot.

Village Whiskey is good - but the philosophy of not taking reservations is annoying and you can never get in at normal times because there is limited seating. The burgers are good though and they usually have a good beer list.

Glad you go a roast pork before you left - people always talk about the Cheesesteak being philly, but I think roast pork with broccoli rabe is definitely the best sandwich in town.

Any of you Philly guys made it to the new incarnation (Olde Bar) of Bookbinders on Walnut? Back many owners ago, that was my grandfather's favorite in Philly.

Was up there a couple of weeks ago. The roast pork with broccoli rabe and provolone from Dinic's was the best thing that I ate all weekend. Just terrific. Also enjoyed Distrito, but not overwhelmed by it.

Any of you Philly guys made it to the new incarnation (Olde Bar) of Bookbinders on Walnut? Back many owners ago, that was my grandfather's favorite in Philly.

Never been, but its only 8 blocks from house, will check it out.

Bump. Looking for recs for a place in or around Philly to get blue crabs. Tryna throw together a crab crack over Labor day weekend.

whoa people live in philly on this thread eh?

No clue on blue crabs

Where does everyone live in the citehhhhhh

Bump. Looking for recs for a place in or around Philly to get blue crabs. Tryna throw together a crab crack over Labor day weekend.

The Lobster House in Cape May. It's sorta close...

Doing some quick googling, try Ippolito's, Anastasi, or Cameron's

Doing some quick googling, try Ippolito's, Anastasi, or Cameron's

i can google

anastasi only has snow or dungeness and i was hoping for some blue crab if possible

cameron's was pricier than the other two but seems to source well, that's probably what we'll do

still hoping for a local to chime in

Back