• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Philadelphia Restaurants

townie - which philly poster wants to beat you up? they're gonna find you now

Townie, you are in the building with that beer garden? I worked right across Chestnut street for 1.5 years - we moved to the Curtis Center for like 5 months, but I no longer work there, company folded, shitty owner.

Guarantee I ran into you at least once while waiting in line for breakfast or a sub at Mom's.

Townie, you are in the building with that beer garden? I worked right across Chestnut street for 1.5 years - we moved to the Curtis Center for like 5 months, but I no longer work there, company folded, shitty owner.

Guarantee I ran into you at least once while waiting in line for breakfast or a sub at Mom's.

the brick building next door, our firm owns the top 4 floors

Ask I can't complain about the Pope visit. Picked up a couple cases of beer, playing Merion tomorrow, spending a lot of time at Crime and Punishment this weekend, gonna smoke a pork shoulder and whole chicken, hopefully Fishtown will be quiet if we wanna go out. I'm just not going to step foot in the Pope box again till Monday.

So many good places within five blocks. Talulahs, Sonnys, Reading Terminal, Han Dynasty, Eulogy, Knead, Finks.

I work at a firm in Liberty Place so the choices over here are pretty good, but I think if I worked that close to Han Dynasty I'd probably end up eating there regularly.

I work at a firm in Liberty Place so the choices over here are pretty good, but I think if I worked that close to Han Dynasty I'd probably end up eating there regularly.

Han isn't that crowded for lunch, which is nice - and the new location makes it easier to find a seat.

The place in the Curtis Center, Cooperage, has terrible food, but is a great happy hour place, lots of good beers for $4, recommend.

Liberty Place is a good location, tons of options around there - and you can walk to that new solomonov hummus joint for lunch if you can find a seat - and you can get first dibs at the oyster house happy hour.

So it appears that center city restaurants got almost no business this past weekend and now Nutter is coming out and saying that no one ever said that this would be good for the city economically. I actually like Nutter but that shit is just straight up hilarious.

I like how he blamed the media for "scaring the shit out of people."

It’s Always Sunny in Popeadelphia

It was, indeed, a very Philly party. Jeff Deeney tweeted the event felt much like an Archdiocese of Philadelphia production. I agree. I spent all week saying I felt like I was back at a Catholic high school retreat, only I wasn't flirting with Nazareth Academy girls this time. I saw two dudes going, "P-O-P-E Eagles!" I heard one priest tell another in Spanish that Wawa was like 7-Eleven, only better. One of the prisoners who met the pope was in prison for celebratory gunfire on New Year's Eve, a horrific Philadelphia tradition. The mayor's car broke down and had to be towed. A jumbotron kept misspelling “Jesus.” Who knows if the pope actually ate his Wawa hoagie, but at least one was offered to him.

The fence line they put up was absurd. But Im cool with vetri bitching, let him bitch.

Are there any good cheap Mexican restaurants in Center City?

Best in the city for traditional/authentic is Blue Corn. But that's getting towards Italian Market/East Passyunk. Jose's on 10th between Callowhill and Spring Garden is also great.

But neither of those are really "center city."

The place near my work, Azteca, is cheap but pretty mediocre.

El Fuego is good for Americanized Mexi food, basically just a better Chipotle.

Otherwise, you start getting a little more upscale/expensive. El Rey and Tequilas are decent.

I love La Calaca Feliz, but it's in Fairmount.

If you are venturing down, Plaza Garibaldi on washington is awesome, otherwise Azteca is sorta cheap and sorta ok.

Dos Segundos and Dos Caballitos are good american Mexican, but one is down in lower passayunk and the other is up on 2nd in fishtown.

Las Bigumbilias or whatever on south street has great margarita prices on happy hour, but food is soso.

So Urban Outfitters bought Vetri Restaurants? WTF?

Back