• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Philadelphia Restaurants

Birthday next month, so tryna pick a restaurant for a reservation.

Haven't been to:
Vetri
Townsend
Kensington Quarters
Amis
Pumpkin
Bibou

Have been but would love to go back:
Laurel
Zahav
Vernick
Ela

DaDeacs? Anyone? Convince me any of the "haven't been" list needs to be above the ones I want to go back to.

Vedge is also an experience - I was highly skeptical, but blown away. Amis is good, but you can go there anytime, and its super loud inside. Serpico is good and they have great drinks - sitting at the bar is cool and they usually have something wacky on the menu like pigs head.

Its an institution and everyone has been here, but my favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon was get an outside table at Parc, get a bottle of wine and order the mussels and just watch rittenhouse.

Will is really nice. We went to Noord instead of Townsend, and it was pretty good, though a little weird to eat such hearty, rich food in the heat of summer. Just got reservations next month for Fond.

Will is really nice. We went to Noord instead of Townsend, and it was pretty good, though a little weird to eat such hearty, rich food in the heat of summer. Just got reservations next month for Fond.

Fond is solid, pricey, but solid - both times I went I ate at the bar. Noord is also good, I forgot to bring wine the only time I went, that was sad. Stateside gets a lot of good reviews but is very average for the price. The Pope is fun - completely different, but the crowd is great.

POPE is my favorite bar in the city. Solid bar food too.

Stateside is good for oysters and happy hour, but way too overpriced and overrated for what it is.

Going to Fond tonight.

Later in the month, going to a whole pig roast/Hudson Whiskey tasting at Fette Sau.

Think we're gonna try to hit up ITV after dinner tonight for drinks to see what all the fuss is about.

ITV drinks were good but service was really slow. They're probably still figuring it out as it is a good idea to be the sister spot to Laurel next door but they are focused on the clientele that are gonna have dinner next door rather than patrons of the bar. Food menu looked good though.

Anyway, yeah Fond was really fucking good. Very highly recommend in a neighborhood full of good spots.

Been meaning to check out Barbacoa since it was on the Eater Best New Restaurants in America list and lol this is the website - http://southphillybarbacoa.com/

This was the other one on the BNR list - Wm. Mulherin’s Sons and we're going in a couple weeks. Space looks awesome.

Barbuzzo was great as always a couple weeks ago.

This was the other one on the BNR list - Wm. Mulherin’s Sons and we're going in a couple weeks. Space looks awesome.

It was good.

The space is absolutely beautiful.

I'd say 3 of the 6 things I ate blew me away and the rest was just regular good. Not sure it's head and shoulders above any great Philly spots.

It was good.

The space is absolutely beautiful.

I'd say 3 of the 6 things I ate blew me away and the rest was just regular good. Not sure it's head and shoulders above any great Philly spots.

I was interested in that place since it was on that 50 best restaurants list. And I recently moved to west Philly where I'm near the MFL so it is much easier to get out to NoLibs/Fishtown. Now this place is on my list for places I need to go.

What were the prices like? I'm relatively certain most of my fellow Philly Deacs make much more than I do so I don't get to go to the more expensive restaurants all that often :)

Standard prices, I guess. We had two rounds of drinks, two small plates, a pasta, and two mains, and it was around $200 with tip.

You could definitely eat there cheaply if you want, they have pizzas that looked amazing. The squid ink pasta with baby octopus was really good, as was the veal tartare toast.

That's not too bad, probably just skip the drinks and it becomes reasonable price wise.

Do you have any suggestions for West Philly? I'm near Haverford and City Ave.

That's not too bad, probably just skip the drinks and it becomes reasonable price wise.

Do you have any suggestions for West Philly? I'm near Haverford and City Ave.

Near Lankenau? Out past Upper Darby?

I don't really know that area well. My fav restaurant west of the river is definitely Fat Ham. That place is awesome.

Amis was p good. Service was meh. Sweetbreads were the best dish.

Bud and Marilyn's is quickly becoming my favorite spot. Great food, great happy hour, awesome atmosphere, always a good draft list and they make good cocktails. Still haven't been for dinner, but everything I've had there has been awesome, brunch, snacks, bar food.

Near Lankenau? Out past Upper Darby?

I don't really know that area well. My fav restaurant west of the river is definitely Fat Ham. That place is awesome.

oh shit also fat ham is closing, as is sbraga, though i guess his king of prussia location is staying open

i think the sbraga location on broad is suuuuper pricey and tough to make a profit in, but i have no idea why fat ham is closing--was always packed and the food was really good

Went to Schlessinger's for lunch today. Got damn their corned beef is good. Legit deli/diner. Complimentary pickle bar ftmfw.

Back