• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Philadelphia Restaurants

Can confirm DiNic's roast pork with provolone and mixed greens / peppers is pretty great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, putting together an itinerary for a June trip with a couple of days in Philly before going to our nation's capital.

Got these things as likely destinations with the kids:

Mutter Museum
Eastern State Pen
Liberty Bell/Independence Hall/Constitution Center as quickly as possible
Visit RJKarl's boyhood home and piss on it
Rodin Museum
LOVE statue
Eat stupid gross cheesesteak
Kelly Drive, Penn, Boathouse Row

Less urgent:
Valley Forge
Diggerland
Franklin Institute

Help ?

Franklin Institute is pretty cool. Depending on what you are looking for in a museum, the Barnes has really well known art. Do the Italian Market - dont buy anything, just walk it. Eat at Sabrinas for brunch/breakfast. Walk around Rittenhouse square, eat at Parc and get a table on the sidewalk or right inside so you can people watch the philadelphians. Reading Terminal Market is a must, if you can, eat at the Amish Diner joint inside, nothing fancy, just fun to be served by amish people.

Other Places to eat:
Vernick
Zahav

Probably other stuff I cant think of right now.

Philly/DC summer vacation? Woof. Returning to CLT/MP will have never felt so good. The ground will be kissed.

Buddakan - can recommend the miso black cod and pork belly appetizer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was awesome

A bunch of different types of pickles: sour, spicy, dill, etc

Plus sauerkraut and pickled carrots and stuff

Awesome old school deli too

This sounds amazing.

Paesano's is closing its Italian Market and Temple locations :(

Same owner bought Rembrandts in my hood and is turning it into a Modo Mio outpost

Paesano's is closing its Italian Market and Temple locations :(

Same owner bought Rembrandts in my hood and is turning it into a Modo Mio outpost

I ate at the one that was kind of a hole in the wall place, only seated like 10 people. I think it was the one on West Girard, near the Barcade and Fette Sau. Best sandwich of my life was at Paesano's.

I ate at the one that was kind of a hole in the wall place, only seated like 10 people. I think it was the one on West Girard, near the Barcade and Fette Sau. Best sandwich of my life was at Paesano's.

Yeah that one is staying open

Basically homeboy doesn't care about making money and being a restauranteur he just wants to focus on being a chef

They got a bigger place a couple doors down on Girard - sandwiches are still good, but the vibe is completely different.

I'm assuming someone has said something about it, but really enjoyed Vetri Pizzeria - really, really good pizzas.

Shoo fry has been around for a while and is great. I haven't tried smokes yet. It's a bit out of my way but I plan on getting to it soon.

Taking the wife out for birthday dinner Saturday night...any suggestions for somewhere other than the usual names that are booked up months in advance?

Taking the wife out for birthday dinner Saturday night...any suggestions for somewhere other than the usual names that are booked up months in advance?

Is Will BYOB still impossible to get in? If not, its amaze. Fond, Noord in the same area are great - not the hugest fan of Brigantessa or Stateside or Townsend, but a lot of people love them. You can end the night by people watching at the POPE, always good.

Other good spots (probably in your usual name list) - Serpico (fancy, fun), Rex 1516 (maybe not a birthday place, but great food, and they have a Gluten Free hamburger which is awesome), Zahav, Talulas (table is awesome, but the wait list was always months, Garden is still great), Vernick.

Not sure if this helps at all, but it does make me hungry.

Not for a Saturday night, but have you ever done Sunday Brunch at the Hotel du Pont in Wilmington? It is amazing and an incredible room.

I'll add Hungry Pigeon and Harp + Crown.

Not for a Saturday night, but have you ever done Sunday Brunch at the Hotel du Pont in Wilmington? It is amazing and an incredible room.

Never been there for brunch but have eaten there. It is an impressive room. There have been a lot of changes there over the last couple of years and it's been a while though. Wilmington in general does have some excellent brunch options though.

We ended up making reservations at Fond after looking at a bunch of menus. Thanks all!

Bud & Marilyns is great - just had lunch here. Haven't been to a Marcie turney place I don't like yet.

Back