• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clinton Email Problem

Everybody else did it.
Nothing there, move on.
Deny and drag it out trusting that the media will loose interest.

Everybody else did it.
Nothing there, move on.

While ignoring that everyone else had an official account which they used for the majority of their business, and presumably, anything sensitive. And ignoring that they didn't have a private server in their home, leaving their personal account emails still more easily subject to a subpena/records request. And ignoring that Hillary's home server/environment was far less secure than a commercial service like Yahoo/Gmail. And ignoring that they didn't go out of their way to register a domain and setup a server specifically to keep their emails off the .GOV server when they started the job. And ignoring that security, use of email for business, adoption of mobile devices, known threats, etc, etc have all changed quite a bit since Colin Powell was SoS. But hey, Colin Powell did it!

It's the equivalent of someone driving drunkenly at 130 mph down the interstate, getting caught, and defending themselves with "yeah, well the people I passed were going 10 over the speed limit too!"

Last edited:
Everybody else did it.
Nothing there, move on.
Deny and drag it out trusting that the media will loose interest.

While ignoring that everyone else had an official account which they used for the majority of their business, and presumably, anything sensitive. And ignoring that they didn't have a private server in their home, leaving their personal account emails still more easily subject to a subpena/records request. And ignoring that Hillary's home server/environment was far less secure than a commercial service like Yahoo/Gmail. And ignoring that they didn't go out of their way to register a domain and setup a server specifically to keep their emails off the .GOV server when they started the job. And ignoring that security, use of email for business, adoption of mobile devices, known threats, etc, etc have all changed quite a bit since Colin Powell was SoS. But hey, Colin Powell did it!

It's the equivalent of someone driving drunkenly at 130 mph down the interstate, getting caught, and defending themselves with "yeah, well the people I passed were going 10 over the speed limit too!"

Pretty much sums it up.

Congress exempted itself so SOS doesn't have to comply is a bit of fuzzy logic, don't you think?

Sketchy as hell, yes. Irresponsible, absolutely. Unacceptable in this day and age, 100%. Against the law, not until three months ago.

I don't see anybody defending Hillary on this thread. I do see people defending Powell, Rice, and Congress.

I get the whole two wrongs don't make a right thing, but it will be interesting to see what the Clinton machine can dig-up about the email practices of other government officials. Her only real out is proving everyone else was doing it.

Therre zero rational or reasonable excuses for a private server. As shady and shameless as the Clintons are, even they haven't tried to explain away any explanation for its existence. It's perfectly reasonable for an investigation and it would be even if HRC weren't running for President. Do however believe it's naive and myopic to think their aren't partisan political motivations operating on both sides.

Do you have a mirror?

Yeah. I see a guy who is clamoring for Not Hillary and is critical of Hillary and anybody else using private emails to dodge accountability while putting America at risk.

Therre zero rational or reasonable excuses for a private server. As shady and shameless as the Clintons are, even they haven't tried to explain away any explanation for its existence. It's perfectly reasonable for an investigation and it would be even if HRC weren't running for President. Do however believe it's naive and myopic to think their aren't partisan political motivations operating on both sides.

Of course. This is a crack in the armor. Pubs are going to attack.

Most progressives are quietly happy that this opens the door to other possible Dems entering the race for POTUS.

Yeah. Hillary might yet screw it up again, but she's got an awfully big lead to blow. Yes, I'm aware of the Clinton joke.

If there's one thing we know about Hillary, she's not going to blow it. Someone else will.

Most progressives are quietly happy that this opens the door to other possible Dems entering the race for POTUS.

Moderates and independents are hopeful that there's room for Dem candidates to HRC's right. GOP primary voters won't support, let alone nominate, any primary candidate who can and will move left during the general election.

If there's one thing we know about Hillary, she's not going to blow it. Someone else will.

Who blew it in 2008?

eta: Wait, that made have been a schlong joke. Ne'ermind.

Last edited:
Back