• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clinton Email Problem

Busy being VP for Hilldog.

Definitely a feasible option. At this rate he may be up and coming if he's interested.

She's got a subset of the base chambered to vote for her. The Emily's Listers are not going to enjoy her getting passed over again, were that to come to pass. It will be interesting to see whether her people can stay ahead of the Clinton fatigue.

She's got a subset of the base chambered to vote for her. The Emily's Listers are not going to enjoy her getting passed over again, were that to come to pass. It will be interesting to see whether her people can stay ahead of the Clinton fatigue.

They won't. But they'll keep competition at bay.

Clinton has so much support overall with so much money it's hard to see her losing a primary at this stage although it's possible. I don't think any GOP member running has a shot if Clinton is the other nominee barring another big scandal (also possible). I really struggle to see a scenario where even Walker or Bush siphon off enough moderates in swing states to win.

Clinton has so much support overall with so much money it's hard to see her losing a primary at this stage although it's possible. I don't think any GOP member running has a shot if Clinton is the other nominee barring another big scandal (also possible). I really struggle to see a scenario where even Walker or Bush siphon off enough moderates in swing states to win.

I could see an Al Gore like choke job. Gore lost Bill Clinton's third term in a peacetime, good economy because of Clinton fatigue and because Al Gore looks, talks and acts like Al Gore, which is to say he was not likable when compared to his opponent.

Hillary combines fatigue and unlikability.

I think you overestimate Clinton...no big deal. That has been happening for 20 years. The Clintons are the most overrated political entity in modern political history.

Jhmd overestimates the likability of anybody in the GOP field and underestimates how much more the 2016 map favors Democrats compared to 2000. And Al Gore's choke job was essentially a tie.

Jhmd overestimates the likability of anybody in the GOP field and underestimates how much more the 2016 map favors Democrats compared to 2000. And Al Gore's choke job was essentially a tie.

That is all true but Hilliary Clinton is no Barack Obama. The landscape probably does favor the Democrats but there is no guarantee (far from it) that she can capitalize on that advantage. If she does win 50% of the vote it will be the first time in four tries that a Clinton has run for President and done that.

I think you overestimate Clinton...no big deal. That has been happening for 20 years. The Clintons are the most overrated political entity in modern political history.

Good points. I'm intrigued by the moderates in this election if the options are Clinton and Bush.

That is all true but Hilliary Clinton is no Barack Obama. The landscape probably does favor the Democrats but there is no guarantee (far from it) that she can capitalize on that advantage. If she does win 50% of the vote it will be the first time in four tries that a Clinton has run for President and done that.

Hillary Clinton isn't even Al Gore.

I'd like to see Hillary debate Rand. A true believing ideologue against a weather vane.

Last edited:

Again, Hillary never ran a national election. Primaries are not national elections.

And I also don't see a 3rd party candidate like Perot out there this time around -- I would say Bernie Sanders, but I don't think he would go Ralph Nader and attempt to sabotage the Democrat Party.

Lastly, stop making me defend Hillary Clinton. GROSS.

Hopefully it goes better for Rand than his "debate" on the Today Show went

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/rand-paul-savannah-guthrie-fight-116757.html?ml=po

image.adapt.990.high.Rand-Paul-Flip-Flops_040715.1428452206136.jpg

Again, Hillary never ran a national election. Primaries are not national elections.

And I also don't see a 3rd party candidate like Perot out there this time around -- I would say Bernie Sanders, but I don't think he would go Ralph Nader and attempt to sabotage the Democrat Party.

Lastly, stop making me defend Hillary Clinton. GROSS.

This sums up my feelings exactly. It's bad enough I'm probably going to have to vote for her next November.

The website The Smoking Gun first reported in 2013 that a hacker known as Guccifer had broken into the AOL email of Sidney Blumenthal, a friend and advisor to the Clintons, and published emails Blumenthal sent to Hillary Clinton's private account. The emails included sensitive memos on foreign policy issues and were the first public revelation of the existence of Hillary Clinton's private email address​ now at the center of controversy: hdr22@clintonemail.com. The address is no longer in use. ​

And what does that have to do with the State Dept/White House hack in recent months?

What Hillary did is awful. But don't go overplaying your hand trying to tie it to random pieces of bad news that come out about the State Department now.

I really wish we could fast forward 100 years so we could have an objective historical look at Obama's relative place as a president (spoiler: it's not in the bottom ten or fifteen of presidents as the entire GOP would have you think!!). Of course I'm sure conservatives of today would just dismiss any historical look as being a product of those "left-wing liberal mainstream historians"

Back