• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clinton Email Problem

It's definitely true that the Clintons have survived worse, but that was almost entirely thanks to Bubba. Hillary doesn't have Bill's charm and his speaking ability. "Sniper fire on the Tarmac" was the biggest screw up she had in 2008, but this is bigger and she'll have to step up and clear this up largely by herself. Obama did well in dealing with Rev Wright, and it remains to seen if Hillary has the ability to get out of a jam on her own.

I voted against Bill in the 90s. The only reason I will vote for whoever the Dems nominate is there's no way the Pubs run somebody who stands up to the crazies. I have little respect for the current Republican Party but I'm shocked so many Senators signed it.

signed what?

ETA: I see it now.

Last edited:
Racer, would emails sent from a particular server have the same signature (point of origin/I'm not sure what to call it) regardless of the recipients' server.

Tech Geek's take on the situation.

Why the Clinton email server story matters — and why it may be worse than you think
BY CHRISTOPHER BUDD on March 8, 2015 at 6:45 pm
54 Comments Share 1.3k Tweet 308 Share 104 Reddit Pin
hillaryserver

Commentary: Let me start by saying what this article isn’t.

This isn’t an article about Hillary Clinton (in fact, for the rest of the article, I’m simply going to talk about the “Secretary of State” or “Secretary”). This isn’t an article about records retention and access and possible motivations around that. And it’s not about questions of the law.

This article is about actions that we know the Secretary of State took, and what it means from the point of view of information security.

Information security is the most important point in this whole situation, in my opinion. And because of the usual political nonsense, it’s getting lost and we can’t afford for it to get lost: it relates directly to critical matters of national security.

Rest of the article:

http://www.geekwire.com/2015/why-the-clinton-email-server-story-matters-and-why-it-may-be-worse-than-you-think/

It doesn't matter who paid...scrubbing is not permitted.

I agree. But the spin I'm reading is that her actions were not illegal so she just has to turn over the e-mails SHE decides are SOS related.

Guys hrc would turn everything over but she just has too much personal stuff on there. She would turn it over but she doesn't want to turn over yoga schedules. All good feel much better. It was all about convienience and just a republican hit job. Lets move on.

She couldn't figure out how to get two email addresses on a single smart phone? #donkswilldefend

She couldn't figure out how to get two email addresses on a single smart phone? #donkswilldefend

Really, what a bullshit excuse that was. The very fact that she saw the need to put forth such a bullshit excuse says a lot about her reasons for doing what she did. This had absolutely nothing to do with convenience.

Did she turn over the e-mails in paper form?

She said she thought it would be easier to just carry one device instead of two. She knows better than that.

Not Hillary needs to hurry up.

Not Hillary needs to hurry up.

Now kinda think that Hillary won't turn over the server because everything from her time as SOS has been deleted. Only stuff left is purely personal. While I doubt she sent anything remotely controversial over email, she certainly didn't send them to State Dept addreses. If there are any smoking guns left, they were sent to others' personal accounts. If the recipients didn't have a private server, they may be retrievable via host ISPs. That shit would be tied up in the courts. Doubt Gowdy and crew ever find anything, but Hillary doesn't look squeaky clean either.

I am becoming more convinced that Hillary will not be POTUS and Dems would do well not to nominate her...especially without a fight.

Hillary is calculating, conniving, duplicitous, and not at all likable. Bill was the first three things, but like able as hell. I don't think Dems have a plan B at this point, though.

Back