• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ron Wellman Sucks

Firing Dino for no articulated reason other than late season performance and the hire of Bzz would have gotten any other AD in America fired. It's comparable to what the AD did at Nebraska in firing a 9 win coach to install a west coast offense with Callahan , and then extending Callahan's contract .

Firing Dino for no articulated reason other than late season performance and the hire of Bzz would have gotten any other AD in America fired. It's comparable to what the AD did at Nebraska in firing a 9 win coach to install a west coast offense with Callahan , and then extending Callahan's contract .

E x c e p t w o r s e .

They blast Nirvana in the stadium during the seahawks game. Your legacy will probably also be misunderstood. Better to keep ones mouth shut.

E x c e p t w o r s e .

^ Correct. Query: what's the second worst decision in D-1 sports history?

Wake athletics were at an all-time high when Hatch came in and 10 years later they are terrible.

I would argue that WFU as a whole is worse than it was 10 years ago. It certainly hasn't improved.

Hatch took Wake's premier selling point, it's small size, and turned us into a subpar Duke, with much worse athletics while increasing tuition, expanding the administration at the expense of the faculty, whiffed on Deacon Drive, and bought a 20 year old arena plus a baseball stadium that we will never fill.

But at least we have a new business building.

I would argue that WFU as a whole is worse than it was 10 years ago. It certainly hasn't improved.

Hatch took Wake's premier selling point, it's small size, and turned us into a subpar Duke, with much worse athletics while increasing tuition, expanding the administration at the expense of the faculty, whiffed on Deacon Drive, and bought a 20 year old arena plus a baseball stadium that we will never fill.

But at least we have a new business building.

All of this is correct. Hatch is clueless.

As much as I want Wellman out ASAP, maybe it would be best, if he and Hatch retired from Wake at the same time. We need a new President and a new AD. After his performance on Wake sports in general and with Wellman, I would not trust Hatch to hire a new AD. Besides, due to their ages, their days are numbered, and everyone would know this. So, Hatch might not be able to get a decent AD because all of the stronger candidates would rather be hired by a new president, not one about to retire. Hatch would likely inflict a Jeff [Redacted] type AD - preferably with strong ND ties - on us. Thanks in advance Nathan. Boy, do we have a mess!

The hiring of Buzzdick was not nearly as bad as his cavalier attitude toward the fans and supporters over the next four years. That's what I'll remember about his lieacy, err...legacy.

Damn, I get tired of saying this about Wellman. It's got to be nearing double figures.

He should be staked down naked on an anthill. A little honey drizzled on him would be a nice touch.

Back