• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official soccer thread

Honestly, i was disappointed with the professionals. Like, do some cool dribbling moves or something. You're playing ten year olds. Instead, all they do is flick it over the top. Lame!

Just got back from an awesome 9 day Baltic Cruise that we arranged from Wake Forest's own Alan Fox and his company Vacations to Go. It included 2 days in port in St. Petersburg, Russia [which is a very beautiful and vibrant city.] I can say from what I saw in all the shops over there that they are primed & ready for the World Cup soccer event coming in a couple of weeks!

Is Russia a newly exciting holiday destination for Trump fans?

Is Russia a newly exciting holiday destination for Trump fans?

I don't know but the Baltic is a great area to see that part of the world on a cruise. Rostock, Germany, Tallinn, Estonia, 2 days in St. Petersburg, Russia, Helsinki, Finland & Stockholm, Sweden plus 3 days prior in Copenhagen, Denmark sight seeing. Alan Fox and his company Vacations To Go puts on quite a deal for cruises of all kinds. I have now used them twice--this one & a Rhine River cruise 2 years ago and you just can't beat their deals. Plus he is a huge Wake benefactor.

Sounds amazing. I was wondering mostly because for many Republicans I knew, Russia used to be public enemy #1 and they'd never even consider visiting on holiday.

I’m sure you’ve really surrounded yourself with many republican friends that share where they would and wouldn’t go on vacation, and you haven’t just completely made up that Republicans wouldn’t visit Russia. I knew a few history buff republicans who did, for instance. One of them being my dad

Shit, gals and guys. tintin's dad has been a victim of kompromat too. Sucks.

I’m sure you’ve really surrounded yourself with many republican friends that share where they would and wouldn’t go on vacation, and you haven’t just completely made up that Republicans wouldn’t visit Russia. I knew a few history buff republicans who did, for instance. One of them being my dad
Lol, I'm from North Carolina. Half of my extended family worships Trump.

St. Petersburg is an awesome city and it has never in history hurt anyone to visit and learn about another culture. Why the fuck are people shitting on The Reff for this case? Shit on him for his retrograde takes when he makes them, not for this.

I wasn't shitting on the reff. Far from it. (Also, "people" was only me)

I only mentioned that my extended family happened to talk a lot of shit about Russia when I was growing up. I was just wondering if its newfound interest among Trump's people has been a boon to their tourist industry.

I wasn't shitting on the reff. Far from it. (Also, "people" was only me)

I only mentioned that my extended family happened to talk a lot of shit about Russia when I was growing up. I was just wondering if its newfound interest among Trump's people has been a boon to their tourist industry.

I found the trip to the Baltic profoundly interesting! 2 full days walking around the cobblestone streets of Copenhagen, taking in all that history was fun. The people there, especially the tall, gorgeous Dane women were amazing also! Everybody is healthy and rides bikes. They are a tall & lean people. Same can be said for the Fins and of course the Swedes. I would especially love to go back and take in the walled city of Tallinn, Estonia for an extra day or so as the folks there are really nice. Stockholm is another place that we need at least another couple of days. But one would need at least a week to see everything there is to see in St Petersburg--there is so much history with Catherine, Catherine the Great, Lenin, The Hermitage. They are truly capitalistic now and the city is very vibrant. But go there this time of year when the chances of it being warm are good--the sun sets at 10:30 PM & rises at 4:00 AM. There is a 7 hour time difference from Russia/Finland to the East Coast.

lol soccer. Greatest of all time = tie

ef9e4552814e8a0ccb72605496db53ee.heic

Back