• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official soccer thread

dartsndeacs

THE quintessential dwarf
Reaction score
4 of the top 8 threads on the sports boards are about soccer, certainly we can contain talking about other people running around aimlessly in one thread. This is that thread.

Mods, please lock the others.

Regards,

H26Z_Obama_DealWithIt.jpg

Whazzup with Italian Serie A folks? Last Sunday there were 6 matches, 5 ties and 3 games didn't have a goal scored. Certainly epic competition indeed.

Wrong forum, this is the sports forum. Hobbies and activities are discussed in The Pit.

I feel like you hear about the analytic movement in Basketball and Baseball, but rarely do you hear about new analytics in soccer. What is Lionel Messi's equivalent PER??

i like this thread. palma has really stepped up his game lately.

i like this thread. palma has really stepped up his game lately.

Feel free to spread the word and let the lunatics in the death penalty thread know about this hot new revamped soccer thread. Perhaps the solution involves a lethal dose of copa de italia viewing.

BUMP for discussion about this exciting tie vs a country 1/100th our size

Bless your heart.

It turns out i was premature (as ive beknowst to be) in declaring it a tie. You appear to be a soccer enthusiast, perhaps you can help foster discussion and let us know your take on how the danes overcame our formidable line of bearded defenders to win outright?

They scored one more goal than we did. :noidea:

I feel like you hear about the analytic movement in Basketball and Baseball, but rarely do you hear about new analytics in soccer. What is Lionel Messi's equivalent PER??

Our questions have been answered, innovation is coming and you can be stuck in the past on the old soccer threads or you can get the hottest information ONLY at The Official Soccer Thread

http://www.amazon.com/The-Numbers-Game-Everything-Soccer/dp/0143124560

Innovation is coming to soccer, and at the center of it all are the numbers—a way of thinking about the game that ignores the obvious in favor of how things actually are. In The Numbers Game, Chris Anderson, a former professional goalkeeper turned soccer statistics guru, teams up with behavioral analyst David Sally to uncover the numbers that really matter when it comes to predicting a winner. Investigating basic but profound questions—How valuable are corners? Which goal matters most? Is possession really nine-tenths of the law? How should a player’s value be judged?—they deliver an incisive, revolutionary new way of watching and understanding soccer.

Which sport do you enjoy palma?

Back