• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Saw the first episode of Friends from College. It's cringeworthy. I wanted it to be good because I love the cast. So much overacting but it seems like that's what the script/directing wanted.

shameless and ray donovan each should have been cancelled 3 seasons ago.

Oh fuck that...Ray Donovan is an excellent show, Liev Schreiber at his best. Haven't seen this past season, but it's still a great choice to watch.

Just finished Castlevania on Netflix. Fun watching an animated series randomly created from an old video game. Only 4 episodes, 2nd season will be 8. Mainly story the first 3 episodes but the season finale is pretty good.

Surprising amount of humor as well.

If you've got 90 minutes and played the games or like the genre, it's worth a watch.

Last edited:
I'm always kind of shocked when I see Shameless and Ray Donovan receiving Emmy noms. I haven't seen either, but I also don't know anyone that has watched either one of them. Apparently they're good shows, but I can't help but be a little sad that The Leftovers didn't receive anything. I thought they had a real shot at getting nominated for best drama, best actor and supporting actor (the priest) in a drama. All kind of moot I guess since Westworld is going to clean up.

I literally never hear about those shows except when nominations come out. It's also a crime Michael McKean wasn't nominated.

I enjoy Ray Donovan.

I'm not sure how the timing works for the Emmy's but I'm not sure Leftovers or this season of Better Call Saul were done in time to be nominated for this year.

I enjoy Ray Donovan.

I'm not sure how the timing works for the Emmy's but I'm not sure Leftovers or this season of Better Call Saul were done in time to be nominated for this year.

BCS got plenty of noms. Jonathan Banks was nominated for supporting actor but it should've been McKean this season

Anybody watching Ozark? We watched the first episode last night and liked it. Gonna probably binge it this week. Jason Bateman is so good. And I've always thought Laura Linney was good too.

[

Stranger Things 2 Trailer. One of the best trailers I've ever seen. IT DOES CONTAIN SPOILERS.

Anybody watching Ozark? We watched the first episode last night and liked it. Gonna probably binge it this week. Jason Bateman is so good. And I've always thought Laura Linney was good too.

[

I watched the first two last night. I'm in. Can't wait to watch a few more tonight.

[

Sepinwall’s review was “Breaking Mediocre”.

Not Netflix but I watched The Witch last night. I loved it. Best horror film I've seen since The Shining, and maybe my favorite movie in the last few years.

What up with bloodline? Yes or no? Considering watching and it's tough to make my cut I only watch like a few shows not like the dwarfs still living with mom that watch everything

Last edited:
I'd pass on watching Bloodline. One of those shows that starts pretty strong and just ends up a mess.

Back