• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

that first Ep. of Ozark is pre-tay, pre-tay, pre-tay intense

All in after that ep.

Also count me in the camp who enjoyed Last Chance U season 2. Great cast of characters around that team. Heard they may move to a different JUCO for season 3, which kinda disappoints me but maybe they just didn't want to do the same thing over and over again.

Almost made it through Season 3 of Better Call Saul when I was in Mexico. Disappointed to come home and find out its not on American Netflix yet.

Thanks Trump.

If you dug the prior Wet Hot American Summers and various other series from those involved (Children's Hospital or Party Down for example) then WHAS: 10 Years Later should be added to your Netflix queue.

This is a bit dumb, but I watch stuff in Spanish on Netflix with English subtitles to try and get better and speaking Spanish. I watched "Gran Hotel" last year and a few movies. Anybody got some good spanish language shows or movies to recommend on Netflix?

That's only dumb in Trump's America.

I've heard of more than a couple of instances of people learning a language via television. These folks tend to be children at the time though, when it's easier to learn a new language.

In a somewhat similar vein, I'm trudging through a movie (on Netflix, so I'm on topic) called "Bbuddah Hoga Terra Bop" not because I'm trying to learn Hindi, I just want to say I've seen an Amitabh Bachchan movie (Great Gatsby doesn't count). It's pretty terrible, but maybe it's good for a Bollywood film. I dunno, they're all unwatchable to me.

Well, it's not a very academic way of learning a new language. But it's entertaining.

It's probably the most common way people learn a language outside of a classroom.

We used to watch Go Diego Go in Spanish to get my kids to learn Spanish. Didn't really catch but it was interesting to see the show geared toward teaching English to Spanish speakers.

I took Spanish in school and have used it a little in my Central American travels in the last 3 years. What's cool is that if you have an ok vocabulary already, watching a show "tunes your ear" to the spoken words and can sometimes get me thinking in Spanish.

I got to the "thinking in Spanish" point after four years of HS Spanish and one semester of Spanish Lit at Wake. But like a dumbass I stopped taking it. Now I live in FL married to a Cuban-American woman whose mom only speaks Spanish.

I got to the "thinking in Spanish" point after four years of HS Spanish and one semester of Spanish Lit at Wake. But like a dumbass I stopped taking it. Now I live in FL married to a Cuban-American woman whose mom only speaks Spanish.

If it's still on Netflix, try Gran Hotel.

This is me. I did very well in Intermediate Spanish at Wake and stopped after Spanish Lit for some reason, and in the back of my head it always bothered me that I really enjoyed it and never followed through with it, so this year I basically dedicated myself to re-learning it and it's been a lot of fun so far. You just have to be okay with making a ton of mistakes. Native speakers that I talk to seem pretty impressed with where I am considering it's only been about seven months, so that's encouraging. I basically used old textbooks, made flashcards, listen to podcasts, changed my phone settings to Spanish, pretty much anything you can think of to help.

The hardest part is finding opportunities around where I live (Charlotte area) to practice speaking/listening every day. I have coworkers from Mexico, Central and South America but we only speak for about 5 or 10 minutes at a time.

Birdman, to answer your original post I would definitely warch Y Tu Mamá También, and I also hear that Club de Cuervos (series) is really entertaining. We also watched Amores Perros a few months ago and it was really good, but I don't think it's available to stream anymore. PM me if you want to learn more about how I study/practice and maybe we can help each other out.

Birdman, to answer your original post I would definitely warch Y Tu Mamá También, and I also hear that Club de Cuervos (series) is really entertaining. We also watched Amores Perros a few months ago and it was really good, but I don't think it's available to stream anymore. PM me if you want to learn more about how I study/practice and maybe we can help each other out.

He should watch Y Tu Mama Tambien for the tatas alone, but then cut it off at the end right when the dudes start making out.

Back