• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Townie, I had trouble with that scene too. Watched with hands over face.

I saw SC's post before clicking Townie's spoiler and thought for sure Townie was going to be talking about
the toenail scene
cause that's where i was watching with my hands over my face

For something completely different, check out Slow TV's tours of Norway. They put stationary cameras on trains and boats as they travel (for many, MANY hours) through picturesque Scandinavia. It's something cool to have on in the background.

The boat one, specifically, is interesting because most of the country knew it was happening, so people lined the rivers/canals or got in their boats and sailed along for part of the trip. Plus you get to see tons of locks in action.

For something completely different, check out Slow TV's tours of Norway. They put stationary cameras on trains and boats as they travel (for many, MANY hours) through picturesque Scandinavia. It's something cool to have on in the background.

The boat one, specifically, is interesting because most of the country knew it was happening, so people lined the rivers/canals or got in their boats and sailed along for part of the trip. Plus you get to see tons of locks in action.

This is on Netflix or another app?

3 episodes in on Atypical and it is very good. about a with high functioning autistic high schooler who is trying to navigate school and girls.

Season one of The Good Place is on Netflix now. If you missed it on NBC last year, I highly recommend it. All Mike Schur does is make great sitcoms (The Office, Parks & Rec, Brooklyn 99, now The Good Place)

Thanks for the heads up.

Season one of The Good Place is on Netflix now. If you missed it on NBC last year, I highly recommend it. All Mike Schur does is make great sitcoms (The Office, Parks & Rec, Brooklyn 99, now The Good Place)

I found it passably like-worthy for most of the season, then the ending was really clever and made me up the series score by a point or two.

I found it passably like-worthy for most of the season, then the ending was really clever and made me up the series score by a point or two.

Similar to the first season of Parks & Rec. Then the second season kicked off with the gay penguins and it became a contender for the GOAT.

The Good Place is really, really good. Really funny throughout. It's super high concept, but the world is interesting enough (and the season short enough) that it doesn't get tiring.

I'd say that it was better than P&R S1 (and I think it was), but they're aiming for way different marks. TGP very clearly wants to be more of a sci-fi mystery / comedy hybrid. It's not just a sitcom; it definitely has a serialized story it wants to tell.

Janet (and her various iterations) is one of my favorite new characters in a comedy in years.

Last edited:
Back