• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Bojack is great but the huge praise it gets makes me think there's something I'm missing.

The Good Place Season 2 started today. I'm really glad I binged Season 1. Such a good show. Love what they're doing this season.

Bojack is great but the huge praise it gets makes me think there's something I'm missing.

I'm a little bit the same way. I think people respond to its unflinching takes on very difficult material and create a universe that's just real enough and just absurd enough. The episode from his mom's point-of-view was the one that affected me the most.

The Good Place Season 2 started today. I'm really glad I binged Season 1. Such a good show. Love what they're doing this season.

I'm a little bit the same way. I think people respond to its unflinching takes on very difficult material and create a universe that's just real enough and just absurd enough. The episode from his mom's point-of-view was the one that affected me the most.

Juice's explanation sums up my reasons for high praise. Underwater episode is still my favorite.

The Good Place is hilarious, and S2E1/2 was good. Bortles!

THe Confession Tapes on netflix is really good , a shorter version of making a murderer. After watching this plus other shows and news stories, I would never convict a person on a confession alone. THe police do a great job ( or a shitty job depending on your view) of breaking people down and getting them to say what they want them to say.
If you ever get questioned by the police, tell yourself over and over again, "THey are not my friends, no matter how much they say they are. The do not care about me, no matter how much they so they do." THen shut up and get a lawyer.

I finally finished S4 of Bojack the other day. Was trying to really stretch it out, and ended up needing to anyway, because some of those episodes wrecked me. E6 (to my mind, this is the closest that media has come to depicting what living with depression is like) and E9 were brutal. The end of E11 hit way too close to home.

And then the finale happened. I think that's the most optimistic the show has ever been, and the payoff in that last scene made all of the preceding misery worth it. I can't wait for S5... Bojack is my favorite character on TV. I don't really understand how they pulled it off, but I relate more to a cartoon horse than any other character on television right now.

RSF gets at what I was saying. I think if you have dealt with some of the issues characters in the show deal with or are close to people who have, it resonates much more.

I'm more like Mr. Peanutbutter than anybody else in the show.

Bojack also does the best job of tracking the historical family trauma of 20th century America that is bubbling up in the public surface these days: distant fathers, gender roles, self medicating via substance abuse, arrested emotional development.

Bojack also does the best job of tracking the historical family trauma of 20th century America that is bubbling up in the public surface these days: distant fathers, gender roles, self medicating via substance abuse, arrested emotional development.

Yep.

You're the Worst comes to mind, too. "There Is Not Currently a Problem" was fantastic, but that whole arc for Gretchen did a really good job, and they followed it up well last year with Jimmy and his dad. There's consistently sharp commentary on Edgar's PTSD, too. That show, like Bojack, expertly balances deadly serious and stupid laughs.

Just finished Bojack. Wasn't expecting to get hit in the adoption feels. What a fantastic show.

Manhunt is now on netflix. Was called Manhunt:Unabomber when it aired on Discovery. I thought it was really good.

Way late, but I really liked the first season of peaky blinders. Does it stay good?

Back