• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

im gonna get my wife to start watching FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS with me. I'm ready to pick up a new show and that seems like a decent one to jump into.

Great show ruined by Direct TV. Just ended this year.

The Tudors, Spartacus, and Camelot all excellent shows.

Great show ruined by Direct TV. Just ended this year.

What? There wouldn't have been a show after season 2(which was the worst of the series) if DirecTV hadn't struck a deal to share costs. I thought the last 2 seasons were pretty great, regardless. It's crazy how they turned over all but a couple of the principal cast members and wrote the new ones in pretty seamlessly, making the viewer care about them.

Finally watched "Oldboy" last night. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought it would. I was surprised it wasn't all that dark for the first 3/4 of the movie.

Also watched "I am Comic" recently. Not bad. Not great, either; but it was enjoyable enough.

Go instantstream The Chaser. It isn't as weird or as hyped as Oldboy, but it's freaking good. Violent, unpredictable, demented, and strangely amusing at times.

Been watching Kidnapped. Pretty solid show. Kinda like the Killing in that it follows one event the entire season. But unlike the killing it doesnt suck.

Am I missing something? Did Netflix recently add the 3rd season to Instant? I checked like a week ago, and the 3rd season wasn't up. I've just been watching S3 on the FX replays they've been showing.

No, it's still just seasons 1 and 2. I was confused too, but I just re-checked.

Sorry....I may or may not have obtained Season 3 on the interwebs

Holy moly. Just finished Season 1. Incredible (much better second half than first IMO). The second to last episode with this song may be one of the more powerful things I've seen on tv.

YES!

Just finished that episode again...awesome awesome ending.

That show, like LOST and a few others really kick you in the gut with the music they choose/create....

Wait until Season 2, Episode 10 when Gemma has a convo with Clay/Jax....it's killer....and the only time in the show that I'm aware of, that they used an original song and not a cover.

Season 2 on the whole is so much better than Season 1....and Season 1 was a little slow to pick up, but the second half was very good...

Season 2 knocks it out of the park and is some of the most gripping, aggravating, and powerful television I've ever seen.

Season 3 drops the ball a little, but has one of the most satisfying conclusions to any television season.

YES!

Just finished that episode again...awesome awesome ending.

That show, like LOST and a few others really kick you in the gut with the music they choose/create....

Wait until Season 2, Episode 10 when Gemma has a convo with Clay/Jax....it's killer....and the only time in the show that I'm aware of, that they used an original song and not a cover.

Are you talking about the "BIG SHOT SCREAMING PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE SKY" song? Because that is my favorite 5 minutes of the series. Just awesome.

Last edited:
How Katey Sagal has not won an Emmy for her role on SoA, I'll never know. Has she even had the courtesy of being nominated? She is so perfect for that role it's ridiculous.

Are you talking about the "BIG SHOT SCREAMING PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE SKY" song? Because that is my favorite 5 minutes of the series. Just awesome.

Nah, that's the fight scene isn't it?

How Katey Sagal has not won an Emmy for her role on SoA, I'll never know. Has she even had the courtesy of being nominated? She is so perfect for that role it's ridiculous.

SOA hasn't been nominated for a single Emmy.

Or any other award that I know of.

For some reason they are in the doghouse with the Emmy's.

Katey Sagal has been nominated for (and won) a Golden Globe, and was nominated for a Satellite Award....but I think that's it.

The Korean film, Man from Nowhere was fucking awesome. It was like the Liam Neeson movie, Taken, but more badass.

Season 2 on the whole is so much better than Season 1....and Season 1 was a little slow to pick up, but the second half was very good...

Season 2 knocks it out of the park and is some of the most gripping, aggravating, and powerful television I've ever seen.

Season 3 drops the ball a little, but has one of the most satisfying conclusions to any television season.

Almost a perfect assessment. Season 3 overall though I didn't care for. Too much distraction BS, to the point where I don't even recall the conclusion of it. I will be glad that they lose the whole Ireland angle this season.

Watched a couple of interesting things on netflix the other night:

Conan O'Brien Can't Stop: Follows CoCo on his cross country tour after getting the screw job from NBC.

Where the Buffalo Roam: Based on some of Hunter S. Thompson's stories and Bill Murray plays the doctor.

The Story of 1: Terry Jones, of Monty Python fame, hosts a documentary about how our number system developed. A bit different from the other two but definitely interesting.

Not sure if its on Netflix streaming, but Tucker And Dale vs. Evil is one of the best movies I've seen this year :rofl:

Watching Flatliners right now with Kiefer Sutherland, Kevin Bacon, and Julia Roberts. This is a really interesting, twisted movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099582/

MV5BNzgxMzQ2NzQzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzMyMjAzMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR3,0,214,317_.jpg

Back