• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

3 eps into season 2 of The Crown now. It's a good thing it's so well done and acted because all the marriage drama is not something I particularly care for. Claire Foy just kills that role though.

Or the hooker, in that story. Roped back in when he was at the end of his mileage.

I would say, really, it is both and is the brilliance of the analogy. However, I think based on his shit eating grin at the end and the dichotomy of the two shows, entertainer dave and really private dave, that he feels more like iceberg. Walked away and made everyone salivate for more. Now he has everyone’s nut: we pay more for this shows because it could be his last, netflix pays him more than cc ever offered, and he really dick whipped cc by coming back and not giving them shit but reruns and “lost” show footage.

Edit: Which would also support his break the system thinking, by being able to be both pimp and bottom bitch.

Watched Godless last week and thought it was really good. It’s not the most fast paced show, but in total it’s a fantastic ~9 hour western. Worth a watch.

The Good Place returns tonight on NBC.

Just watched the first 3 eps of The Indian Detective on Netflix. It’s pretty decent so far, though I’m hopeful that it picks up some steam and gets a little better. And the lead woman in the show is absolutely stunning. She may be he main reason that I can’t look away.

58b8859c14b0e5410739d315fc35c492.jpg

I hadn't watched the Godfather in over 10 years. I get more of the nuance of the remarks and expressions now. I know it's a cliche choice but so amazing. Everything about that movie, from the dialogue to the lighting to the sets and backdrops to the acting...unreal.

If you haven't seen it in a long time it's on Netflix now.

Watched Godless last week and thought it was really good. It’s not the most fast paced show, but in total it’s a fantastic ~9 hour western. Worth a watch.

I watched Godless too and while I somehow felt the initial 10 minutes of episode 1 made no sense in context with what was to follow, the show found its footing and really really loved it.

I have been frustrated by a lot of shows though. The comedy The Marvelous Miss Maisel has a great pilot, and a really good 3rd episode, I think, but I finally quit after episode 5 as I realized outside her standup act, I wasn't all that interested in her, her family, etc... I get that the weird relationship with her own son is intentional but I just found it off putting. She's a terrible Mom and I don't care about her so I'm gone.

The Will Smith movie/show I also thought was a trainwreck (as others have said). That said, I am curious as to WHY THEY MADE IT? The seemed to spend a bunch of viewer patience establishing a world with rock faced species, fairies and Elves. Why? Are we going to be subjected to dozens of these movies? Are they coming back? If not, why all the effort to craft this world - as well as an alternate universe/dimension that we never see? Weird. The frustrating thing was this show had potential. For some reason, they start off the with Will Smith swearing like a sailor at his girlfriend about nothing (the fucking fairies). I am all for good cussing. But see Deadwood for how it is done. Make it necessary.

I think TV has been going through a 10 year renaissance so it is annoying to weed through the 3rd wave of shows that sort of suck or weren't thoroughly vetted. Ozark and Bosch were really good, and I have sort of enjoyed some of these Nordic shows that all start to blur together, but for me, The Affair was sort of the apex of what new TV can be - basically a TV version of a novel. Obviously, the Wire was the best ever at it, and the Sopranos, Deadwood, and Breaking Bad were pretty freakin' close to perfect. Maybe now I just want these shows to be too good and I am setting too high a bar.

I liked The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel for the most part -- Rachel Brosnahan is great.

I liked The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel for the most part -- Rachel Brosnahan is great.

She's amazing. She deserved the golden globe so far as I could tell. But if an episode doesn't have a healthy chunk of stand up in it, it is tough because essentially all of the characters are annoying. I don't think you are essentially at your core annoying simply because you are Jewish, but I feel like the writer/creator of this show vehemently disagrees with me as every character in this show that is Jewish whines and yells almost all the time. Through episode 5, only the Black jazz band does not whine or complain or yell at other characters and they're high, so maybe the lesson here is stay high all the time in order to get along with your fellow man.

My Netflix account just got hacked. Changed the password and email address. Called Netflix and they helped me fix it but I didn't feel great about them basically saying "this happens all the time".

What does one do after hacking a Netflix account? Just watch "Boss Baby" a hundred times in a row and screw up the algorithm?

My Netflix account just got hacked. Changed the password and email address. Called Netflix and they helped me fix it but I didn't feel great about them basically saying "this happens all the time".

Yeah seems like the crime in this case is not gonna be worth the effort

I don't think it's on Netflix, but AFAIK we don't have a simple TV thread on here, so I'll put this here.

Does anyone watch This Is Us? With it winning awards and NBC marketing the ever-living crap out of it, I wanted to see what it was all about. I watched 2 episodes and not sure if I'm going to continue. Is it really as good as it seems people think it is?

Everything in the first two episodes seems way overacted, over the top, and cliched with stereotypical characters. Its superficial and fake IMO, but I know shows can take a bit to get going, so...should I keep going?

Everyone I know who watches it because of all of the feels every episode. Wifey is starting to sour on it because she thinks it’s getting a little over the top. I saw the first two eps and decided it wasn’t for me.

I don't think it's on Netflix, but AFAIK we don't have a simple TV thread on here, so I'll put this here.

Does anyone watch This Is Us? With it winning awards and NBC marketing the ever-living crap out of it, I wanted to see what it was all about. I watched 2 episodes and not sure if I'm going to continue. Is it really as good as it seems people think it is?

Everything in the first two episodes seems way overacted, over the top, and cliched with stereotypical characters. Its superficial and fake IMO, but I know shows can take a bit to get going, so...should I keep going?

It’s awful manipulative trash.

Back