• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I don't think it's on Netflix, but AFAIK we don't have a simple TV thread on here, so I'll put this here.

Does anyone watch This Is Us? With it winning awards and NBC marketing the ever-living crap out of it, I wanted to see what it was all about. I watched 2 episodes and not sure if I'm going to continue. Is it really as good as it seems people think it is?

Everything in the first two episodes seems way overacted, over the top, and cliched with stereotypical characters. Its superficial and fake IMO, but I know shows can take a bit to get going, so...should I keep going?

it's like eating a candy bar. if you like it, keep eating it. when you get sick of it, just stop for a while

everyone just needs to stop feeling bad about enjoying the tv/movie/music that they enjoy

My wife wanted to watch it, so we binged it after the season was over. I think it worked for a season, but seems like a show that won't have staying power - already starting to see some of the quality go down. Certainly emotionally manipulative.

My wife wanted to watch it, so we binged it after the season was over. I think it worked for a season, but seems like a show that won't have staying power - already starting to see some of the quality go down. Certainly emotionally manipulative.

Pretty much the same here. We watched the series premiere "live" when my mom was in town visiting last year... Seemed like something we could all watch that night without the risk of making anyone uncomfortable (like throwing my mom into the middle of my wife and I watching Westworld or Shameless).

Wife enjoyed it a lot, so we watched the entire first season. When previews started coming out for season 2, I asked my wife if we had to continue watching it, and to my surprise, she was very much against it. "I can only stand one season of that." I completely agree... Lots of feels, but overall not very good. Even season 1 started to get pretty silly near the end.

What does one do after hacking a Netflix account? Just watch "Boss Baby" a hundred times in a row and screw up the algorithm?

The guy on the phone said they can't get access to my credit card information or anything, they just sell the new log-in information to someone else and hope I never notice. I'm guessing there are millions of people that pay every month and haven't used the service in years.

Everything in the first two episodes seems way overacted, over the top, and cliched with stereotypical characters. Its superficial and fake IMO, but I know shows can take a bit to get going, so...should I keep going?

Probably not. If you don't like the first 4 episodes or so with all the twists, you're probably not going to like it when it gets more predictable. It's definitely a drama's drama, but I like it, and it isn't too much of a time sink at this point. I keep thinking it would have made a better book.

I watched the first episode of This is us and I immediately decided that I would never watch another minute ever again. Not my thing at all.

a shame, you're missing all the boobs

Well, I know that this crapfest is aired on NBC so I'm going to say that they don't actually show boobs. And even if it did, I would still not watch it. I am not 13 anymore and so desperate to see boobs that I would watch the scrambled playboy channel for hours.

has anyone else watched 'the end of the f *** ing world', it is really good so far.

has anyone else watched 'the end of the f *** ing world', it is really good so far.

I've seen 3 episodes and it's living up to the hype I've read. Warning to the "Comic book shows/movies are for kids" crowd - this is based on an independent comic.

What's not living up to the hype is "She's Gotta Have It". This was the first movie I saw from Spike and it made me a lifelong fan. The series though, isn't working for me. I know I'm an OWG and not the intended audience, but I get the sense that Spike is an OBG trying to write millennial female dialog and he doesn't quite get it. So far I've seen 7 of 10 episodes and I'll definitely finish with hopes that there's some ending that redeems it all.

Anybody try The Chi on Showtime? Two episodes in and I think I like it. Feels a little bit like Crash meets a poor poor poor man’s version of The Wire.

watching the second season of Travelers now. It is a solid science fiction show with zero scifi type special effects or anything like that, just dialogue and some action to move plot forward if that is your type of thing.

Not a new show (it's newish to Netflix), but I really enjoyed Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Putting comedic giants in a relaxed environment where they can spontaneously bust the world's balls is pretty great.

Conversely, My Next Guest Needs No Introduction...not sure I'll get into that one. I grew up on Letterman, but this passion project seems a little unstructured, a little long, and may veer a little too far from the comedy lane.

ER just hit Hulu. I forgot how great the cast is.

Started this last night and got halfway through. I figured it's only eight, 20 minute episodes, so why not? I haven't found it particularly funny, but I have enjoyed it.

Back