• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Yes. Every season is better than the previous. I really like it.

Daniel Levy’s character develops well over the seasons. I really enjoyed and season 4 starts on POP on January 28th.

has anyone else watched 'the end of the f *** ing world', it is really good so far.

Watched the first 2 episodes last night... Not sure how to characterize it, but I'll watch the whole thing. Like someone else mentioned, it's only 8 ~20min episodes. That's basically the length of a movie. Easy to take that down over the course of a few nights.

Safe to say the two main characters have a lot of issues.

Mudbound is a great Netflix-only period piece about the Mississippi Delta in the 1940's. Great acting and very intense. Mary J. Blige deserves an Oscar nomination for her role IMO.

Is Dark any good? Figuring out what to watch on upcoming airplane ride. May just rent a best pic nominee instead

Some people love it and some hate it. personally the English dubbing of German was hard to get used to, rightly or wrongly that colored my judgment.

Never choose dubbed audio over subtitles, unless it's one of those kung fu movies where the dubbing is really funny and terrible.

I sometimes turn on the subtitles for shows in English that are kinda hard to understand, like Peaky Blinders. I assume this means I'm getting old more rapidly than I'd hoped.

I have a hearing disability and watch every single thing with subtitles. Don't go to the theater unless it is a foreign film.

I sometimes turn on the subtitles for shows in English that are kinda hard to understand, like Peaky Blinders. I assume this means I'm getting old more rapidly than I'd hoped.
I have bad hearing from chronic ear infections and listening to really loud music as a kid. I prefer reading subtitles to cranking up the volume too loud for other people.

watch with subtitles frequently and always if its a british show. You also sometimes pick up some additional info through the subtitles which I also like.

watch with subtitles frequently and always if its a british show. You also sometimes pick up some additional info through the subtitles which I also like.

+1

There's not really a downside to using subtitles.

I've started using subtitles more and more and one of the downsides is missing something visually, especially when it's subtle, like an Easter egg.

Back