• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Babylon Berlin has continued to be pretty engaging and weird and fun. Great Bryan Ferry cameo in the last episode I watched as a nightclub singer -- I think he consulted on the music, which is also pretty cool. The series was conceived by Tom Tykwer who did Run, Lola, Run, which I remember being a super fun movie, but might seem gimmicky at this point -- it could be worth a rewatch. Babylon Berlin can be a little campy at times, but it also does a lot of things well: politics, hard-boiled/noir, psychology. Two great leads who play Gereon Rath and Charlotte Ritter (I have a crush on Liv Lisa Fries now).

i have recently found this show called Hap and Leonard. solid show

He’s really amazing.

I’m about 3/4 of the way through Ozark and it’s p good.

Ozark is decent. I think I saw somewhere they called it Breaking Mediocre, which is a great summary of the show.

Just finished Dark. Enjoyed it very much - definitely recommend (I watched with German audio and English subtitles)

after watching Everything Sucks, i think MDMH's take on Lucas being a stereotypical 'nerd' can safetly be declared bogus

Yeah, we just finished Everything Sucks last night...Binged it in a couple of days...Big fan.

Lucas is a total pimp. Big balls, defs not nerd.

First couple episodes of Dark are pretty good. It's Twin Peaks plus Stranger Things with much higher production values minus the quirks and kitsch that make the latter shows cult favorites. Too melodramatic at times, but the story line is good and the time travel stuff is always fun.

Yeah, we just finished Everything Sucks last night...Binged it in a couple of days...Big fan.

Lucas is a total pimp. Big balls, defs not nerd.

it's a decent show; not too much nostalgia pandering but i did get a kick out of stuff like the correct versions of soda cans

Started Rake last night, and it was pretty fucking good.

It's about a brilliant but self-destructive Australian barrister, defending usually guilty clients.

Started watching Sneaky Pete on Amazon. It’s okay so far and will stick with it as I’ve heard it starts to really hit its groove. My biggest issue 4 eps in is that there are so many deus ex machina moments to keep Pete from having his cover blown. Cranston is terrific tho and makes the show worth watching regardless of any other gripes.

I started the second season of Sneaky Pete the other day. You're right - there is a lot of "single episode crisis that is averted by the end of the episode" type stuff and looks like that is gonna continue, but I like con man entertainment and it's pretty good from that perspective, if not completely ridiculous from a believability standpoint

The movie Bad Match is pretty good if you're looking for a quick thriller.

The final half hour or so reminded me of Black Mirror. Gotta stick through the first 15-20 minutes to get hooked.

Randomly watched American Vandal w/ the wife over the last week. I enjoyed it a lot more than she did... She was really hoping for a more definitive answer at the end and thought it was trying to be too much (just be funny... why the life lessons?). I thought it was funny and very well done. Probably 2-3 episodes too long, but that's really my only criticism.

Trying to figure out what is next... Only really watching Survivor right now.

Back