• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

The 2 free episodes of Cobra Kai are enjoyable. Not enough to get me to sub to Red though.

Be sure you hit pause/unpause at some point.

My brother added me to his Youtube Red. It's pretty choice. He did the same with GooglePlay, so I could abandon those VC club boi Spotify devils.

Hari Kondabolu's comedy special was released on Netflix in the last couple of days. He's the guy that started the "Apu is problematic" discussion and made a documentary about it ("The Problem with Apu"). Anyway, I like his work a lot, he's my nominee for smartest comedian working today, not that anyone thinks of that as a category worth determining. If you like biting satire, check it out. It's also worth reading the user reviews, lots of 1 stars from MAGA types not so keen on his basic premise "white people - not so great".

In the absence of a general tv thread, I'll post here, in news that sucks - Brooklyn 99 was cancelled. They made my favorite 1/2 hour of tv so far this year with the bottle episode featuring Braugher and Samberg in the interview room. It was a nice homage to "Homicide: Life on the Street".

With B99’s cancellation I officially have nothing on network tv to watch other than sports

Just finished the Lost in Space reboot. The first two, and last three episodes were good. The middle, notsomuch. Hopefully next season continues the charge made at the end of S1.

My 5 year old was obsessed with Lost in Space last week. Watched the whole thing.

SyFy turned it down. Will Netflix pick it up?

That trailer is awesome. Maybe I just have a weak spot for the soundtrack they used, but Kevin Bacon alone makes that worth watching.

Last edited:
Watched the two free episodes of Cobra Kai, and then found this alternate interpretation of The Karate Kid

Hari Kondabolu's comedy special was released on Netflix in the last couple of days. He's the guy that started the "Apu is problematic" discussion and made a documentary about it ("The Problem with Apu"). Anyway, I like his work a lot, he's my nominee for smartest comedian working today, not that anyone thinks of that as a category worth determining. If you like biting satire, check it out. It's also worth reading the user reviews, lots of 1 stars from MAGA types not so keen on his basic premise "white people - not so great".

In the absence of a general tv thread, I'll post here, in news that sucks - Brooklyn 99 was cancelled. They made my favorite 1/2 hour of tv so far this year with the bottle episode featuring Braugher and Samberg in the interview room. It was a nice homage to "Homicide: Life on the Street".

With B99’s cancellation I officially have nothing on network tv to watch other than sports

Good news for both of you, Brooklyn-Nine-Nine was picked up by NBC.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/brooklyn-nine-nine-nbc-1202808064/

I didn't really find Evil Genius to be all the compelling, at least when compared to some other true crime stories like The Jinx, Making a Murderer, and Serial.

Yeah Evil Genius was pretty bland.

Although the crazy lady reminded me waaay too much of my crazy aunt who thinks she got stiffed on some family inheritance sooooo I’m a little scared now.

After finishing S1 of Sneaky Pete, I had two weeks of projector issues, then issues with the new projector streaming HDR 4K, and after 3 hours messing around today, have everyone playing nicely. This weekend will be for NCAA baseball and movies, but I'm looking forward to starting S2 next week.

Back