• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Just watch season 2 of Easy. I think that's a good show

The staircase got a rave review in yesterdays's wall street.

Documentary about a mysterious death in Durham in the early 2000s.

Is this the same Staircase from several years ago? That shit was great.

Director Jean-Xavier de Lestrade had already won an Oscar for “Murder on a Sunday Morning” (2001) when he finished “The Staircase” in 2004. (It aired here on Sundance Channel in 2005.) He followed up in 2013 with “The Staircase II.” Now, Netflix is presenting a complete “Staircase,” which includes three new episodes, and perhaps even a conclusion. The advice here: Clear your calendar.

I started watching The Toys That Made Us, a documentary series on popular toy brands. The first two eps on Star Wars and Barbie were pretty interesting.

I started watching The Toys That Made Us, a documentary series on popular toy brands. The first two eps on Star Wars and Barbie were pretty interesting.

Skipped the Barbie episode, but looking forward to the new episodes that just dropped. Lots of great insight from the toymakers themselves.

Is this the same Staircase from several years ago? That shit was great.

Yeah I think they added a few more episodes though

Watching this now. Pretty terrific. I remember the trial but didn’t follow all that closely and honestly think in my head I mix it up with the Scott Peterson trial which was occurring around the same time.

Skipped the Barbie episode, but looking forward to the new episodes that just dropped. Lots of great insight from the toymakers themselves.

Yes I did the same (skipped Barbie and Hello Kitty) but the others are all pretty fun and interesting and edited well for laughs

Barbie was more interesting than Star Wars. Much more conflict.

Heads up if you’re thinking about watching with little kids, there’s quite a bit of awkward doll and painting nudity in the Barbie ep. The opening scene is a toy designer filing nipples off a early prototype.

Yeah I will probably go back and watch Barbie - now I've bitten off rewatching all of Arrested Development. I had never made it through the 4th season a few years ago because it was so dull, and the remix at least cuts to the different characters in the "episodes". Hopefully they recaptured some of the season 1-3 magic with these new episodes. Also Portia de Rossi's plastic surgery before the 4th season is so strange - she barely looks like the same person

All it took was doll nips to get CDeac on board.

I finally got my home theater issue resolved, so I'm 2 eps into S2 of Sneaky Pete. Enjoying it as much as the first so far.

I started the Expanse and really like it so far (like 4 eps in).

I watched the whole thing. Very well done and look forward to more episodes. Even the Hello Kitty one was very interesting. It would make great material to assign to my students if I was teaching anthropology.

Watching this now. Pretty terrific. I remember the trial but didn’t follow all that closely and honestly think in my head I mix it up with the Scott Peterson trial which was occurring around the same time.

Candace might be the craziest person in the series even if Peterson did do it. Unhinged

Back