• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Hulu released the first 3 episodes of Castle Rock on Wednesday. It'a a show produced by Stephen King and JJ Abrams that takes place in King's universe. Im a big fan of both King and Abrams, so this was a no brainer for me and I must say, the first 2 episodes have been very promising. I think they capture King's ability for suspense and intrigue without going horror really at all. Yeah, it could all blow up in the end, as even some of his really good works do(I guess that actually goes for both of them), but so far, Im just enjoying the ride.

Last edited:
Just started Last Chance U (1st season). It was this thread that took me over the goal line. Thanks.

8 episodes is wayyyy too long for Sharp Objects. Should’ve been 4 or 5 episodes at most.

The EMCC seasons of Last Chance U were pretty good I thought. The season they just did at Independence was really not that enjoyable between their ignorant simpleton coach and the antics of their clown “star” QB. Would be shocked if Malik Henry ever finds himself on the roster of a legit program again.

8 episodes is wayyyy too long for Sharp Objects. Should’ve been 4 or 5 episodes at most.

Oh god. I thought it was 5 and wrapping up this weekend. 8 is going to be way too long.

It was a mediocre book to begin with. I actually think the show is better so far.

Anybody try Patrick Melrose? I didn’t love the first episode and unsure if I should give it a shot.

Patrick Melrose sucked, nothing good seemed to happen, but Cumberbatch was good.

Which Shield ep would you choose?

Which Shield ep would you choose?

I think the pilot is great although I feel the impact of its shocking final scene might lose something given how far TV pushes the envelope these days
S5Ep10 Of Mice and Lem - Probably my #1 vote; total gutpunch - I remember watching that episode and breaking into a sweat during the final minutes
Either the penultimate or final episode - I don't remember all the events but I think the series ends more appropriately than Breaking Bad given the parallel themes of the two shows

I think the pilot is great although I feel the impact of its shocking final scene might lose something given how far TV pushes the envelope these days
S5Ep10 Of Mice and Lem - Probably my #1 vote; total gutpunch - I remember watching that episode and breaking into a sweat during the final minutes
Either the penultimate or final episode - I don't remember all the events but I think the series ends more appropriately than Breaking Bad given the parallel themes of the two shows

I was gonna say Of Mice and Lem, or the one where Kavanaugh confronts his ex-wife, or the one where Aceveda had a gun put to his head, or the final episode.... fuck, that show was so, so good!

The pilot is a good choice. Of Mice and Lem is great too. I was thinking Bottom Bitch where Vic thinks he’s saving the prostitute but she was manipulating him the whole time.

Little surprised to not see any House of Cards episodes. The Pete Russo downfall ones are my favorite. I'd have also included "Riley Wuz Here" from The Boondocks.

It would be interesting to see Boondocks take on the Trump era. Uncle Ruckus with a MAGA hat makes me laugh.

Back