• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I liked the new Chappelle Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee because they went to the diner in DC my wife and I used to frequent, called appropriately enough, The Diner. I knew he was from there, but had no idea Chappelle had a reasonably nice upbringing in DC.

I appreciated how congruent Chappelle was, but damn, I couldn't stop noticing him slouching the whole episode. That school was awesome.

I've watched most of Oliver Stone's Untold History of the US. Pretty radical. He has a calming narrator's voice. Truman was an asshole. Most of them are crooks, really.

I have a show that I watch occasionally, almost like a nerd obsession. I watch it whenever my wife is out of town, usually a few episodes. Grand Designs. It has been around for a while but I just found it a year ago.

yep...I think we used to live quite close to one another. they also filmed parts of Snowden at Tryst because that's where the actual Snowden went with his gf

Also lived close in Adams Morgan (on Ontario) and my wife and I used to frequent the Diner, which we also just saw on Comedians in Cars. It opened when we lived there.

"Disenchantment" is the most appropriately named show I can think of. On paper this should be my favorite comedy out now. It ain't. I'm not even complaining about not meeting lofty expectations but still being good in a vacuum. No, it's just bad.

That's disappointing - was looking forward to giving that one a try

I'm digging the latest season of Voltron :geek:

I just started Au Service de la France ("A Very Secret Service") and it is a pretty good time. 25 minute episodic satire set in 1960 France around the French equivalent of the CIA. I knocked out about 7 eps last night.

The wife and I gave our kids unlimited Fortnite time so we could plow right through Ozark season 2 and we were not disappointed.

The wife and I gave our kids unlimited Fortnite time so we could plow right...

By contrast, this is what I saw in the Tapatalk preview. I was thinking “Man, that’s a good idea. Tell them to turn the volume up.”

Just finished the first (and so far only) season of Insatiable last night. The show is over-the-top ridiculous (somewhat in the same vein as Vice Principles) and I thought it was amazing.

Also watched Jack Ryan over the weekend and I really enjoyed it. It's like reading a Mitch Rapp book or something like that. Not too deep and you don't have to think too hard (or really at all), but still fun. And it's a total of maybe 6ish hours, so not that hard to get through it all in one sitting.

yeah, my wife and i are watching Jack Ryan together and it's not great but it's pretty fun. Can't quite buy Krazinski in that role but at least he's like 8', so that helps.

we liked Jack Ryan. was pleasantly surprised to see it filmed actually in DC rather than like Baltimore or something combined with DC aerial shots.

Back