• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Haven't watched Jack Ryan yet, but Baldwin is the best version of the character that's ever been on screen (helps that he is in far and away the best movie)

The books make Jack Ryan a reluctant action hero, but The Hunt for Red October's (film) characterization is definitely the most plausible (and palatable) version of the character because the movie is about characters and not action. How much of that is Baldwin and how much the writing is an interesting question.

The writing and directing just isn't good enough to coax an interesting version of Jack Ryan out of Krazinksi, who i think faced an uphill climb in any scenario.

Haven't watched Jack Ryan yet, but Baldwin is the best version of the character that's ever been on screen (helps that he is in far and away the best movie)

I prefer Clear and Present Danger, and I think Ford's portrayal in that movie is the best version of the character.

guy who's not really an action star posing as the hero, throws in sarcastic quips. what am I missing

Not sure how you say Harrison Ford is “not really an action star.”

My wife and I watched Jack Ryan over the weekend and enjoyed. We then watched Hunt for Red October and Patriot Games. Will likely watch Clear and Present Danger tonight. I’ve seen all the movies and read all the books when I was younger. My favorite by far is Clear and Present Danger.

Jack Ryan was good for what it was.

I think of Hunt for Red October as a Sean Connery movie, not a Jack Ryan one. Clear and Present Danger is my favorite of what I consider Jack Ryan movies (aka the rest).

Not sure how you say Harrison Ford is “not really an action star.”

because he doesnt play JR like one. he looks genuinely surprised every time he does something action-worthy

yeah he's an office guy thrown into action, that's the whole character (who has a Marine past, but he's not Rambo or something).

Harrison Ford is Jack Ryan. He plays the role perfectly in Patriot Games & Clear and Present Danger.

The Hunt for Red October is a great movie, but it just feels different w/ Alec Baldwin.

“The machine is still on, Moira” is something I still say randomly way more a normal person should.

And Ritter was still a dick in “Sharp Objects”... Plays those parts so well.

Mississippi Grind - Ryan Reynolds and Ben Mendelsohn; basically about degenerate gambling culture. I enjoyed it

Back