• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

one of the silliest, most patently absurd movies i've ever seen. i couldn't stop laughing the first time i saw a troll. nice scenery tho.

Hobo with a Shotgun is good for some good laughs, over the top action (with very fake looking gore). I enjoy those movies that were in the Grindhouse/HwaS mold, mostly because of their ridiculousness and funny moments. (Side note- Deathproof, which was 1/2 of the Grindhouse double feature had Kurt Russell in it and it was hilariously awesome)

Elite Squad 2 is available on instant and it is excellent. Intelligent social and political commentary wrapped in kick ass action. Think City of God (same screenwriter) + The Wire + Die Hard.

Shin Chan has serious marathon potential, but is definitely not for everyone. The first two episodes have cracked me up.

Elite Squad 2 is available on instant and it is excellent. Intelligent social and political commentary wrapped in kick ass action. Think City of God (same screenwriter) + The Wire + Die Hard.

I had to watch that for my drug trafficking class. I really enjoyed it. also, this movie was huge in brazil. like, highest grossing brazilian movie ever.

Oh sweet Larry Sanders is up now. Haven't watched that since I was a kid.

The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia.

Bumping this thread because ESPN just put ALL of their 30 For 30 documentaries on Netflix Instant today. Which is fantastic news because there's a few I missed that I wanted to catch up on.

"Sherlock" from the BBC on netflix is AMAZING.

Kinda staggered into this with low expectations but ended up really enjoying it. It's only 3, 1hr 30min episodes, so anyone who wants to watch can catch up quickly.

Bumping this thread because ESPN just put ALL of their 30 For 30 documentaries on Netflix Instant today. Which is fantastic news because there's a few I missed that I wanted to catch up on.

Sweet. I've got to check this out.

I have been made aware that Freaks & Geeks is now on Netflix streaming. If you haven't watched the whole series, start now.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Freaks_and_Geeks/70253797

Posrep for bringing this to my attention. I've been hearing a lot about that show for the past few years - it'll be nice to finally watch it.

Other things I've liked (apologies if Haas)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - been watching the first season. Sort of campy, but it's worth watching just because SMG looks fantastic.
Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares - the American version is unwatchable, but the British version is actually pretty interesting.

I didn't like Sherlock as much as many others did, but I'll probably still give Season 2 a shot.

Bump for advice.

I need ideas for a few good television series currently on NF stream. Appropriate for teens. Hopefully a few years old so we can watch previous seasons. Shows we currently watch .... Covert Affairs, Modern Family, Mentalist, Duck Dynasty, Rizolli and Isles, Suits.

Any suggestions?

Bump for advice.

I need ideas for a few good television series currently on NF stream. Appropriate for teens. Hopefully a few years old so we can watch previous seasons. Shows we currently watch .... Covert Affairs, Modern Family, Mentalist, Duck Dynasty, Rizolli and Isles, Suits.

Any suggestions?

Friday Night Lights

Back