Page 13 of 231 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363113 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 4608

Thread: Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

  1. #241
    Resident Astrophysicist
    TWDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    22,067
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    lol didn't know trolls could smell Christians.
    Did you watch this? What'd you think?

  2. #242
    one of the silliest, most patently absurd movies i've ever seen. i couldn't stop laughing the first time i saw a troll. nice scenery tho.

  3. #243
    Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter used to be instant, not any more. sad.

  4. #244
    Hobo with a Shotgun is good for some good laughs, over the top action (with very fake looking gore). I enjoy those movies that were in the Grindhouse/HwaS mold, mostly because of their ridiculousness and funny moments. (Side note- Deathproof, which was 1/2 of the Grindhouse double feature had Kurt Russell in it and it was hilariously awesome)

  5. #245
    Elite Squad 2 is available on instant and it is excellent. Intelligent social and political commentary wrapped in kick ass action. Think City of God (same screenwriter) + The Wire + Die Hard.


  6. #246
    Wo. I will be watching that.

  7. #247
    Season 2 of Sherlock starts in 4 minutes!

  8. #248
    Bernie Eskimo Bro
    KickballDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Vermont Republic
    Posts
    3,464
    Shin Chan has serious marathon potential, but is definitely not for everyone. The first two episodes have cracked me up.


  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
    Elite Squad 2 is available on instant and it is excellent. Intelligent social and political commentary wrapped in kick ass action. Think City of God (same screenwriter) + The Wire + Die Hard.
    I had to watch that for my drug trafficking class. I really enjoyed it. also, this movie was huge in brazil. like, highest grossing brazilian movie ever.

  10. #250
    Oh sweet Larry Sanders is up now. Haven't watched that since I was a kid.

  11. #251
    The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Justicebork View Post
    Season 2 of Sherlock starts in 4 minutes!
    Is this on Netflix yet?

    I'm currently rewatching Friday Night Lights.

  13. #253
    Rusty Larue
    timdunkandthefunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    D.C. via Crimehurst
    Posts
    16,239
    Quote Originally Posted by rawarr View Post
    The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia.
    The first five minutes is hilarious.

  14. #254
    Bumping this thread because ESPN just put ALL of their 30 For 30 documentaries on Netflix Instant today. Which is fantastic news because there's a few I missed that I wanted to catch up on.

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by dagreekdeac View Post
    "Sherlock" from the BBC on netflix is AMAZING.
    Kinda staggered into this with low expectations but ended up really enjoying it. It's only 3, 1hr 30min episodes, so anyone who wants to watch can catch up quickly.

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by RollWave35 View Post
    Bumping this thread because ESPN just put ALL of their 30 For 30 documentaries on Netflix Instant today. Which is fantastic news because there's a few I missed that I wanted to catch up on.
    Sweet. I've got to check this out.

  17. #257
    I have been made aware that Freaks & Geeks is now on Netflix streaming. If you haven't watched the whole series, start now.

    http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Fr...Geeks/70253797

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    I have been made aware that Freaks & Geeks is now on Netflix streaming. If you haven't watched the whole series, start now.

    http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Fr...Geeks/70253797
    Posrep for bringing this to my attention. I've been hearing a lot about that show for the past few years - it'll be nice to finally watch it.

    Other things I've liked (apologies if Haas)
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer - been watching the first season. Sort of campy, but it's worth watching just because SMG looks fantastic.
    Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares - the American version is unwatchable, but the British version is actually pretty interesting.

    I didn't like Sherlock as much as many others did, but I'll probably still give Season 2 a shot.

  19. #259
    Cautiously Optimistic GSOWakeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greensboro
    Posts
    488
    Bump for advice.

    I need ideas for a few good television series currently on NF stream. Appropriate for teens. Hopefully a few years old so we can watch previous seasons. Shows we currently watch .... Covert Affairs, Modern Family, Mentalist, Duck Dynasty, Rizolli and Isles, Suits.

    Any suggestions?

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by GSOWakeFan View Post
    Bump for advice.

    I need ideas for a few good television series currently on NF stream. Appropriate for teens. Hopefully a few years old so we can watch previous seasons. Shows we currently watch .... Covert Affairs, Modern Family, Mentalist, Duck Dynasty, Rizolli and Isles, Suits.

    Any suggestions?
    Friday Night Lights

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •