• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

ST: Discovery S2 just started. Still pretty mediocre but Captain Pike is sort of interesting; guy is playing him a little too kirk-esque, though. The addition of Tig Notaro seems to be pretty great - her character was cool. A nice inversion of "i'm a doctor not an X" joke thrown in, too.

I continue to be amazed at the budget thrown at CGI/special effects. The first episode looks like a feature film.

Did anybody watch Lodge 49 on AMC or Hulu? I just watched the whole series while I recovered from knee surgery - I haven't enjoyed a tv series that much in a while.

I need to remember to catch this. Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn's son the star, also the best character in Everybody Wants Some!!!

I need to remember to catch this. Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn's son the star, also the best character in Everybody Wants Some!!!

Also great in the Black Mirror episode where he takes a pill and is in a haunted house, and 22 Jump Street. Love that guy.

I started the Trotsky show on Netflix and watched the first episode plus. Trotsky fucks.

yeah, the production is super over the top at times, but I dig it

watched the first two episodes and will finish out the series

went to Trotsky's Mexico City house and the show's setting is pretty damn close; Coyoacan is a cool hood

went on Wikipedia to get a sense of the accuracy of the show and seems like it's not that accurate, which is kinda a bummer, but whatever

"Sex Education" on Netflix is straight up terrible. Most of the teen actors are in their first or second jobs, and it shows. Doesn't help that the writers seem to be on their first job as well. The only positive was Gillian Anderson as the oversexed therapist mother. I quit after 2 episodes. Just turrible.

I thought it was really good, to be honest. I checked it out on a rec from twdeac, who loved it too.

Has "You" been discussed yet?

Just started this last night with the wife. Can't believe I am watching a show that debuted on Lifetime. First episode was OK. I don't feel like it needs 10 episodes to tell the story, but I'll continue to watch. Does it stay good?

Back