• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Good Place is a good litmus test of TV taste, IMO. Schur gambled all of the good will he built up doing goofy crowd pleasers and ended up making one of the more intelligently plotted comedies that I have ever seen.

The problem, in my opinion, is that the Good Place, while a smart, well thought out story, doesn't have the laughs of his other shows - which you sell very short.

I watched S1 of the Good Place and the first couples eps of S2 and I just can't get into it.

I don't think Peralta is awful at all, or really socially awkward.

He’s definitely awkward and would be annoying if he wasn’t good at his job. That was the change Schur made between Michael Scott, season 1 Leslie Knope, and HOF Leslie Knope going into Peralta.

What don’t you like about it?

I think a big part is I don't really like any of the characters and I dislike a few of them.

I don't think the acting is that strong.

It's also just not that funny and the storyline isn't compelling enough to slog through to get to the twist at the end of each season.

The problem, in my opinion, is that the Good Place, while a smart, well thought out story, doesn't have the laughs of his other shows - which you sell very short.

I never really said much about how I feel about his other shows.

I’m a big Schur fan. He produces incredibly funny shows and, perhaps even more importantly, taps incredibly funny people to star in them.

That said, if The Good Place wasn’t a comedy, I probably still would love it.

I laughed more in the Season 2 episode with the continuous reboots than I laughed in the past two seasons of Brooklyn Nine Nine which is still a funny show.

Started watching/listening to the Ted Bundy tapes last night as I went to bed for some reason. It hasn't gotten super creepy yet but maybe I'll have some dope dreams as a result.

Can we discuss HULU shows on this thread?? I'm watching Atlanta and really digging it! Donald Glover and the entire cast seem very good thus far (Season 1 Ep. 5). I hope it stays sharp. Also, watching Dirty John. Weird story, but getting frustrating.

Sorry, I just saw that Atlanta had it's own thread... I thought it was about the city. Sounds like it keeps its promise.

It’s the Bortles of takes.

Back