• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Not sure if this goes here or on the movies thread, but the Deadwood movie sucks. It is super boring.

As it turns out "The wild west: except Shakespeare" isnt such a novel turn in 2019.

Yeah, it wasn’t great but was listening to a podcast saying it was mainly done as David Milch’s goodbye gift since he has Alzheimer’s. Also, Al being sick and not involved in the town anymore was an allegory for Milch, Hearst was HBO walking all over the show, etc. Made it vaguely more interesting.

Watching Gentleman Jack on HBO, 5 episodes in and still don't know how I feel about it. Like if they cancelled it mid season I don't think I would care, but otherwise I guess I will watch it till the end. Usually I am a fan of British period pieces but for some reason this one isn't hitting it.

"I Am Mother" is the best Sci-Fi movie that I've seen in awhile. Definitely one of the better original movies that Netflix has done.

Just saw Vice on Hulu. Man, great movie. Is it all 100% accurate? Probably not, but is it spiritually accurate, oh yes. I can see why Cheney denied the accuracy.

Last edited:
Not sure if this goes here or on the movies thread, but the Deadwood movie sucks. It is super boring.

As it turns out "The wild west: except Shakespeare" isnt such a novel turn in 2019.

It wasn’t so good ten years ago either. The show’s problem has always been with its dialogue. Putting a bunch of people in the Wild West and making them talk like Yoda, only peppering the dialogue with fucks and cocksuckers just doesn’t come off well or as even remotely realistic. It would be one thing (though still dumb) if they did it consistently, but the characters seem to transition from Yoda Speak to Josey Wales Speak to Modern Speak within the same conversation most of the time, completely defeating whatever the point of the Yoda Speak is. And the cussing is forced beyond belief. Makes Tarantino seem like a choir boy. It’s a shame too, because the characters (except for Jane and the dummy from Newhart who is now mayor) are solid, the sets are solid, and the costumes are great.

Last edited:
Just saw Vice on Hulu. Man, great movie. Is it all 100% accurate? Probably not, but is it spiritually accurate, oh yes. I can see why Cheney denied the accuracy.

He denied the accuracy because it was a conspiracy nut’s wet dream. Not a good movie at all, but some solid performances, except from Carrell, who was horribly miscast.

Chernobyl is the best "horror" series I've ever seen. I felt a constant sense of dread throughout, up to the conclusion at least. Great series, I'll never rewatch it.

*I was going to post this anyway, this is not a response to the above post about the series.

Has anyone seen the movie "Enemy" with Jake Gyllenhaal? I had literally never heard of it until this past weekend but it sounds intriguing.

Has anyone seen the movie "Enemy" with Jake Gyllenhaal? I had literally never heard of it until this past weekend but it sounds intriguing.

Yes, it's really good. Weird and creepy and the end is nuts. And it's Denis Villeneuve, who might be the best working today.

I was shocked and amazed to see Hulu recommend a "Das Boot" series to me yesterday. That's one of my favorite movies and I didn't realize a series had been made.

I've just seen one episode but it's pretty, pretty, pretty good so far.

When They See Us is must-watch programming

acting is incredible

stayed up until 2 in the morning to finish this series . Just amazing. So many people failed those boys and fuck Donald Trump for his role in it too. After watching this and making a murderer, I'll never believe a confession again.

Great call on Fleabag. Really solid show. Bummed there isn't a 3rd season coming but props to them for going out strong.

I just watched Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers after seeing his Joe Rogan interview. Interesting documentary and came across as believable. Crazy to think.

I am in agreement with you on this.

And shame on you folks for not knowing Linda Cardellini's name. I'm not surprised at all she was smokin' in a bikini, she's gorgeous and a treasure.

Good first season with a nice ending scene. Was getting a little annoyed they kept teasing something might happen between the Applegate and Cardellini characters, but no payoff.

Back