Page 15 of 231 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

If you're into the art of film, I've been enjoying "The Story of Film" documentary series. Takes a bit to get used narrator's lilting Irish, but overall it's very interesting.

Jiro Dreams of Sushi

Watched "Deep Water" last night about this guy who is one of 9 men in 1968 taking part in a non-stop around the world sailing experience. Pretty fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by WRS View Post
    Watched "Deep Water" last night about this guy who is one of 9 men in 1968 taking part in a non-stop around the world sailing experience. Pretty fascinating.

He had no sailing experience whatsoever.

Definitely recommend this!

Never Murdered My FIL
    May have already been mentioned, but Four Lions is good. It's a little unsettling, especially since the Boston Marathon bombing, but it's well written.

Top of the Lake is really good. It stars Peggy from Mad Men as an Aussie/Kiwi investigator in rural NZ. Amazing landscapes and cinematography, slow deliberate pace, and crazy accents.

Plus it's only 7 episodes, so it's not a huge time sink.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    That's a huge deal for Netflix. That model has a lot of promise.

Dreamworks must think Turbo will be huge if they already announced a TV show.

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    That's a huge deal for Netflix. That model has a lot of promise.

Dreamworks must think Turbo will be huge if they already announced a TV show.
    Or they are hedging their bets since they have already paid for the character design, concepts, animation, etc.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    True. Dreamworks does that more than the other big animation studios though.

Quote Originally Posted by pinochadeac View Post
    He had no sailing experience whatsoever.

Definitely recommend this!
    Agree. Was a great movie.

Caught the first few episodes of The Good Guys this weekend. It's pretty good for a show that got cancelled so quickly.

Black Books is hilarious.

Just watched the BBC series 'The Fall' starring Gillian Anderson(Agent Scully from the X-Files). Gillian plays a Homicide Detective attempting to solve a serial killer case in Belfast. The first season was only 5 episodes so it moves quickly. But be forewarned that due to cast commitments the 2nd season will not air until the end of 2014.

Here's some background on the series:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fall_%28TV_series%29

Deacsbravesdawgsetc
    Is the entire Doctor Who on Netflix?

Watched Jiro Dreams of Sushi last night, great rec!

Quote Originally Posted by Go View Post
    Is the entire Doctor Who on Netflix?
    I don't belive season 7 is on Netflix yet.

I think someone on here may have recommended the Inbetweeners, but I started watching that some last week, and it's pretty hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by mattwfu99 View Post
    I think someone on here may have recommended the Inbetweeners, but I started watching that some last week, and it's pretty hilarious.
    Your boy buckets! I found it really funny

Quote Originally Posted by mattwfu99 View Post

The series is pretty darn funny but I just watched the grand finale movie(they all graduate and go on holiday) which was just added by Netflix and it kind of sucked.

Watched Death Race 2000 for the first time in 25+ years great flick from the early 70s depicting the year 2000 and a National race across country where you run over as many people along the way. One of Sly Stalone's first movies, and a great boobie movie for an 8 year old to watch on this new channel called "HBO" some years back.