• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I also watched "Who Killed Garrett Phillips" on HBO. It's a two-part documentary (4 hours total) about a murder case in a small mostly-white town in upstate NY where the local college soccer coach, who is black, is accused of killing his ex-girlfriend's son. Pretty good, but maddening.

I just finished the first season of "What We Do in the Shadows". I haven't laughed that hard at a tv show in a long long time. If you liked the movie, the show is worthy of the name.

Also finally started "The Expanse". Only 1 season in and even though it seemed to be mostly build up to subsequent seasons, I dug it. I was worried that being "realistic" sci-fi that doesn't go beyond our own solar system would make it feel too confined. It's not.

Have only watched the first episode of Season 2, but it starts off well. The main 3 characters are great... Very different people, which makes their interactions so interesting.

Shepard losing his shit w/ Ford at the retirement party was fun... I also like Gunn as the new boss.

It drops a bit after the Fincher eps, and the lead side-arcs are a little forced, though I’m happy to see more of those two actors, but I think the season gets it right overall. Solid. The Manson thing (played by the same actor who played him in Once Upon A Time — Dewey Crowe from Justifed) is done surprisingly well, I think.

I didn’t know anything about those Atlanta murders at all, and I hope if they have more seasons they do more of the real-life true crime crossover stuff.

I’m guessing they have some sort of long game idea for BTK apart from the pre-credits, but I love how they have threaded that in there.

i would like to talk about how fucking stupid the big "twist" that happens in the middle of the season is

it is really fucking stupid

I just finished the most recent season of Black Mirror, and relative to the first few seasons, it was dumb and a bit boring. The Miley Cyrus episode was pretty garbage.

I just finished the most recent season of Black Mirror, and relative to the first few seasons, it was dumb and a bit boring. The Miley Cyrus episode was pretty garbage.

Kind of liked the first episode, but the second was terrible. (SPOILER ALERT (?)) Never thought they'd eschew innovative plotting for having a character kidnap someone just to spell out a point that the other, better episodes were making.

Manhunter is excellent- love that show. Also, just got into "Succession" on HBO. I really didn't think it would be my kind of thing, but I heard on NPR it was good so I gave it a shot and I'm not regretting it- intense show with some funny moments too.

Similar to Succession, I think, did anyone watch the FX miniseries Trust with Donald Sutherland playing J Paul Getty? Pretty enjoyable, on Hulu.

It’s funny that through the 00s people were calling for a la carte TV. Then we briefly got it and now there are streaming bundles.

Similar to Succession, I think, did anyone watch the FX miniseries Trust with Donald Sutherland playing J Paul Getty? Pretty enjoyable, on Hulu.

I'm about 4 eps in and the surprise standout is Brendan Fraser. His character is amazing.

Manhunter is excellent- love that show.

I'm not done yet, but they're pretty heavy-handed with the stuff around Bill's kid, especially the one scene where they talk about locking up juveniles for life

Atlanta story is compelling, but overall the season is a lot more scattered -- still good though

Make sure you watch through the credits to get the Epilogue. It’s about 20 more minutes of material.

Hey those of you who check these 3 boxes like I do:

* Want to see Cobra Kai
* Too cheap to pay for premium Youtube
* Too ethical (or lazy) to find it on "alternative" streaming sites

Cobra Kai S1 is free until Sept 12.

Back