• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Damn, came here to rec Green Room. Loved it! These Alt-Right guys are scary AF. Patrick Stewart was excellent! I liked Hereditary, but just a tad too slow. Still very creepy and messed-up. Toni Collette carried the movie. All the actors were good, but she was very convincing.

Blue Ruin has similar vibes, unsurprisingly. For some reason, I have a feeling that you would enjoy Revenge.

Are there any more dogs? Fuck me running, I don’t think I can handle any more dogs.

Damn, came here to rec Green Room. Loved it! These Alt-Right guys are scary AF. Patrick Stewart was excellent! I liked Hereditary, but just a tad too slow. Still very creepy and messed-up. Toni Collette carried the movie. All the actors were good, but she was very convincing.

They’re actual Nazis.

Sturgill Simpson’s new anime concept album is on Netflix, and I loved it. Definitely worth a look even if you’re not a huge fan of Simpson.

Sturgill Simpson’s new anime concept album is on Netflix, and I loved it. Definitely worth a look even if you’re not a huge fan of Simpson.

I've loved Sturgill since about a month before Metamodern Sounds came out, and this is NOT country music like you may think his is. This is a full-on electronic dance album with a great visual tapestry that he's been sitting on for almost 2 years so he could get the amime made. He did 2.5 hours on Rogan's podcast this week talking about all kinds of shit, and it's a great watch/listen.

The Boys is really, really good. I'm a few episodes in and if it maintains the same quality through the end of the season, it's easily the best superhero tv show I've seen.

Just watched Succession finale - hot damn that’s fun tv.

Watched Fractured on Netflix last night...New release...Ho - Lee - Shit...Dark...Entertaining with some semi-predictable twists. Worth the watch if you are into that kind of thing.

Not on netflix but whatever.....CBS seems to really have a handle on the Star Trek IP - Discovery season 2 was still not great but at least they were able to write themselves out of the terrible box S1 put them in re: timeline/tech/dumb plot. I think they can make a good show out of it yet but we'll see.

The Short Treks experiment is pretty cool; each one is pretty good. I think it shows you can make a tight story again, like the best TNG/TOS episdoes, without it being a single-story arc each season.

and man, the money is out there to be made on launching a Pike-Spock-Number One/Enterprise series. Those actors have the chemistry and the characters already in place and every time the Enterprise shows up on the screen it's pure #feels

I hope Picard is good, but I'm actually a little worried.

My wife and watched Raising Dion and thought it was well done. Has heart, didn't meander too much, and I thought set up a decent ominous evil force. Another semi-spoilerly thought below

The twist towards the end was a little choreographed, but the way it was executed kinda made up for the fact it was somewhat obvious

My wife and watched Raising Dion and thought it was well done. Has heart, didn't meander too much, and I thought set up a decent ominous evil force. Another semi-spoilerly thought below

The twist towards the end was a little choreographed, but the way it was executed kinda made up for the fact it was somewhat obvious

i just started watching Raising Dion. the kid is really cute but the mom, so far, is a basket case...she needs to right up (so annoying) if i keep watching. i am about 3 in right now.

Well you might be a little bit of a basket case in those circumstances. Most of the rest of the things that were a little annoying I let go because it's tv. Plus she's a babe.

Poison Rose with John Travolta and Morgan Freeman on Prime is so bad it has to be intentionally bad. So bad. I watched the whole thing on a plane because I am having a tough time getting into S3 of Goliath. I hope people watch this just so I can have people confirm if that was parody or awful or amazing. I can’t decide. Probably awful.

Poison Rose with John Travolta and Morgan Freeman on Prime is so bad it has to be intentionally bad. So bad. I watched the whole thing on a plane because I am having a tough time getting into S3 of Goliath. I hope people watch this just so I can have people confirm if that was parody or awful or amazing. I can’t decide. Probably awful.

I haven’t been a big fan of Season 3. I’ll finish it tonight but it’s been pretty meh.

The new creepshow anthology on Shudder is good if you’re into that kinda thing.

Back