• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I've enjoyed it mostly. Definitely a slower start. FYI, all current seasons were on syfy. This will be the first since Prime saved it and gave a larger budget. Read a review that had good things to say.

This may have been mentioned earlier, but we stumbled upon Bone Tomahawk. If you enjoy westerns this was done very well. I thought Chicory (Richard Jenkins, the Dad in Step Brothers) was fantastic. Not your typical Western, but very enjoyable.

Well shit. I have to get HBO now.

The Report on Amazon is a great political procedural. Benning does a perfect Feinstein.

This may have been mentioned earlier, but we stumbled upon Bone Tomahawk. If you enjoy westerns this was done very well. I thought Chicory (Richard Jenkins, the Dad in Step Brothers) was fantastic. Not your typical Western, but very enjoyable.

Saying bone tomahawk is not a typical western is an understatement. Enjoyable though, in its own way. Don’t watch if squeamish.

Ph unable to watch Watchmen because he doesn't have HBO amuses me. THat show is freakin' awesome, especially for superhero nerds like PH ( and me, who am I kidding.)

Ph unable to watch Watchmen because he doesn't have HBO amuses me. THat show is freakin' awesome, especially for superhero nerds like PH ( and me, who am I kidding.)

I gotta say, so far - and NOT being familiar with the Watchmen comic - I think the show bit off more than it could chew. I feel like it doesn't know whether to be Legion, which was a wack superhero show on FX or AMC a few years ago (in fact, Jean Smart starred in that one too). That show was totally wack and had an amazing first season but jumped the shark in Season 2. Here, in Watchmen, we have all this heavy interesting stuff in the pilot on a race riot/slaughter in Tulsa - which actually happened btw, and it all sort of doesn't matter all that much to the plot so far as I can tell. There's a KKK hood literally hidden in a closet, and a bunch of beige and white kids that belong to two black parents (that isn't explained for three or four episodes), but for those unfamiliar with the comic, it is at best, all over the place. Dr. Manhattan has to be the biggest pussy of a superhero ever.

I gotta say, so far - and NOT being familiar with the Watchmen comic - I think the show bit off more than it could chew. I feel like it doesn't know whether to be Legion, which was a wack superhero show on FX or AMC a few years ago (in fact, Jean Smart starred in that one too). That show was totally wack and had an amazing first season but jumped the shark in Season 2. Here, in Watchmen, we have all this heavy interesting stuff in the pilot on a race riot/slaughter in Tulsa - which actually happened btw, and it all sort of doesn't matter all that much to the plot so far as I can tell. There's a KKK hood literally hidden in a closet, and a bunch of beige and white kids that belong to two black parents (that isn't explained for three or four episodes), but for those unfamiliar with the comic, it is at best, all over the place. Dr. Manhattan has to be the biggest pussy of a superhero ever.

Holy shit. Did TAB log into your account while you weren't looking? This is a crazy bad take, bro.

There is a whole lotta shit going on in that show though and you're more than a month in before you even start to put some of it together. Especially for those of us who are bona fide adults and don't read comic books or graphic novels or didn't watch the movie from 10 years ago.

I'm sorta shocked you don't already have it for Watchmen (the easy pick for best show of the year tbh)

Yeah. I’ll get it eventually but Curb is a tipping point plus I’m probably getting rid of DirecTV in January.

Watchmen is really well done. Wife likes it and had zero knowledge of the movie much less the comic. Bit of a slow burn in the begining (other than the actual open with the Tulsa kkk attack). Once the threads start coming together its really good. No idea how it will end. Not even a guess really.

So I can go to the comic thread and post spoilers right? I feel like we need to because it’s a comic Ph hasnt followed. Let’s just say my boy LGJr is killing it.

There is a whole lotta shit going on in that show though and you're more than a month in before you even start to put some of it together. Especially for those of us who are bona fide adults and don't read comic books or graphic novels or didn't watch the movie from 10 years ago.

Fucking thank you. And I loved the first season of Legion. Any show that makes me recall [fondly] that shroom trip out in the desert (not the one in LA, THAT was scary), has my enthusiasm.

I'm just not sure what this show is doing or is about and we are what? 8 episodes in? And who the fuck is Dr. Manhattan and why did he spend the first 7 episodes laying prone on a fucking sofa? Isn't he at least parenting those kids? I was happy Regina took a hammer to his head - not because I expected Dr. Manhattan to come out, but because I was so done with his limp dick 'tude. And then after hibernating for 8 years or so, he zaps 7 heads into blood and mucus and can't figure out how to get rid of the 8th guy hiding behind some sort of ray gun? When he could go back in time and just kill that guy 5 seconds before he zaps him???? Not to mention Regina has to kill the other 12 dudes ...

Last edited:
Back