• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

its' fine if you like the games but it's not a good show.

i actually like Cavill as Geralt

in the first book, the chick he deals with in the pilot is more explicitly the witcher-verse story of Snow White. it's a fun universe but kind of lore heavy; i am very curious to see how the Tolkein show comes out.

Agree that the first couple episodes were not too good but the later part of the season was really enjoyable for the most part for me. It took me a while to figure out what was going on with the different story-lines. Cavill was great as Geralt, Ciri's actress was pretty good, but I'm not sure what to think of Yen's actress. I generally like her but I've never been completely sold on her as Yen.

I think the second season could be pretty good if they learn from what was bad and what was good in the first, especially if the Wild Hunt is somehow involved.

in the first book, the chick he deals with in the pilot is more explicitly the witcher-verse story of Snow White. it's a fun universe but kind of lore heavy; i am very curious to see how the Tolkein show comes out.
I haven't followed the Witcher books' inspiration super close but wasn't some of the inspiration for the books taking fairytales/myths and combining them with a fantasy world and Polish socio-political commentary? If so, that kinda makes sense that a Snow White-esque character would be included.

I haven't followed the Witcher books' inspiration super close but wasn't some of the inspiration for the books taking fairytales/myths and combining them with a fantasy world and Polish socio-political commentary? If so, that kinda makes sense that a Snow White-esque character would be included.

yes; the first witcher book is written in a vignette style; each story is a dark version of what a fairy tale might actually look like in real life plus some magical elements. the games, and Geralt's personality in particular, are adapted more from this particular story/book; the main story-arc books are slightly different in tone, IMO

the books are actually not that good, either

i'll watch the show, cavill is fun, the fights/production are pretty good. lots of boobs, too

Watched The King and was pleasantly surprised. Solid all around.

Last edited:
Here's another :thumbsup: to the Sack Lunch Bunch. Great guests, even the ones I didn't know, but especially the ones I did know (the musical one and the A-list movie star).

My wife wanted to watch the sack lunch bunch thing. We made it 20 min. The kids are great but that guy is... not funny.

Sack Lunch Bunch is good wholesome entertainment

I'm not a big Mulaney fan and agree that the bits with just the kids hit at a higher rate than the ones with JM, but he's got some good lines too

was pretty strong when watching last night, but the bits about fears and the last five minutes hit an emotional note for me

Don’t F*** With Cats is wild. Very misleading title, I must have been living under a rock when this happened because I don’t remember it at all.

I'm not sure why you think the title is misleading but it is indeed a great cat and mouse series. Only 3 one hour episodes so it's a quick binge watch.

Thoughts on Peaky Blinders? We're about for episodes in and my wife and I both love it.

I started watching "6 Undercover" just to see what was up. For about 5 minutes I was wondering if this was Michael Bay parodying Michael Bay but no, this is just Bay+. I only watched the first scene but scanning a few reviews led me to believe the beginning was indicative of the whole.

If Baysian KA-BOOMs are your thing, check it out. It ain't my thing.

Sack Lunch Bunch was ok. Too many songs for my tastes. The in memorium segment was LOL funny though, as was the last one with JG.

Aeronauts on Prime is ok. Only like 90 min and the female character is a complete fabrication, but solid acting as you would expect. Might be an option as a compromise movie with the wife.

One Child Nation on Prime is horrifying. I remember when that was implemented and hearing, then forgetting, many of the stories. This film really brought it back home. Also serves as a reminder of how fucked up the Chinese are. Worth watching.

Back