• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Whoa, that's cool. I wonder if it gets all fucked up and doesn't translate on a bigger (theater?) screen though?

started watching Letterkenny and I dig it, but I can see it getting old after a couple seasons

humor is pretty redundant, especially the hockey bros, and I don't find the meth kids entertaining

but the main group is pretty great

Love Letterkenny. Agree that the hockey team bro’s aren’t funny, the meth kids can be pretty hard to watch too. Squirrely Dan is my dude though.

New Aaron Hernandez docu looks pretty tight. May check it out tonight.

no idea, considering i watched the movie on my laptop and/or phone not sure it matters as much

I mean, that is super cool and looks way better, but if it wasn't filmed digitally and you need to upscale that stuff, I'm guessing it wasn't practical or something. Otherwise they should have done it, because those snips look great. But Marty said not to watch it on your phone!

Cheer - like Last Chance U but for cheerleading.

Surprisingly well done and interesting. Hard Knocks really set the bar on how to do a good sports documentary and it’s nice to see it spreading to other sports.

Just finished The Leftovers. Great call on the rec. One of my favorite series finales ever.

Also, watched ep. 1 of The Outsider last night. Amazing.

Yeah I'm really excited for The Outsider after the first two eps. I like what they're doing with jumping around a little bit in the timeline of events.

Raise Hell: The Life and Times of Molly Ivins was a lot of fun. I was aware of who she was, but had never really read much of her writing. The way that the documentary connects her critiques of Texas politics with the mainstream's embrace of the good and bad of Texas politics at a national level was really interesting and takes it a bit farther than the average biographical documentary.

I've read a lot of Stephen King. He's hit or miss, but basically always entertaining. The Stand and It are two of my all time favs.

Read the outsider earlier this year and it was great do I’m looking forward to watching the series. My wife is out of town and I’m tempted to Netflix cheat on her but hopefully I can stay strong

I read a semi-decent amount of King growing up, I think, but the ones that remain in my mind are also The Stand and It. Hmmm, I read Carrie. What else. Anyway.
I'm probably going to check out this series soon, though.

never read one of his books, but I would routinely drive past King's house in Bangor. As of September, he has little bats as caps on his wrought iron fence. Pretty fun.

Wizard and Glass (my #1 King) is being turned into a Prime series expected to be out this year. I also recently heard that Hulu is making a series out of The Eyes of the Dragon, and I believe there's a film adaptation of The Talisman in the works.

ETA: and The Stand will be a series on CBS All-Access! Its casting sounds pretty dope: Alexander Skarsgard as Flagg, James Marsden as Stu Redman, Whoopi as Mother Abigail.

Last edited:
Finally got around to Bird Box.

I had relatively low expectations and thought it was decent. Pretty original and intense. I guess there's a reason it's one of the most streamed movies on Netflix.

Dolemite is my name on Netflix was really good. Not sure a Wake Forest message board full of OWG's will watch but it is really good story of a guy with a dream and a refusal to take no for an answer. Also, interesting for anyone who likes old school rap because so many of those guys were influenced by Dolemite.

Last edited:
Mindhunter actors have been released from their contracts and the series has been put on indefinite hiatus, apparently. Kind of confirms that story that Netflix doesn't really like to go more than 2 seasons (or might stop doing that as frequently) because they don't bring in new members that way. Forget if I saw that here or the twitters, so sorry if it has been discussed. The Mindhunter news is new, though.

Back