• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Mindhunter actors have been released from their contracts and the series has been put on indefinite hiatus, apparently. Kind of confirms that story that Netflix doesn't really like to go more than 2 seasons (or might stop doing that as frequently) because they don't bring in new members that way. Forget if I saw that here or the twitters, so sorry if it has been discussed. The Mindhunter news is new, though.

That blows. My favorite show on TV right now. Was excited that they were planning on doing a full 5 seasons of it.

Tried to watch The Witcher w/ my wife last night. Watched the first episode and it sucked out loud. Do I stick with it? I like Cavill, but the rest of the cast is pretty terrible and the dialogue sucks.

Even the people that "recommend" it seem to be lukewarm on it, as a whole. Worth my time to continue? Does it get better?

Tried to watch The Witcher w/ my wife last night. Watched the first episode and it sucked out loud. Do I stick with it? I like Cavill, but the rest of the cast is pretty terrible and the dialogue sucks.

Even the people that "recommend" it seem to be lukewarm on it, as a whole. Worth my time to continue? Does it get better?

It does get better. It finishes strong IMO. I think Yennifer is the most interesting character, and you haven’t met her yet. Most of the characters in the first episode aren’t really in much of the rest of the series.

That being said, I could see if you didn’t like it.

it does get better but hold on because the first 2-3 episodes are not very good.

I would agree it gets better and I did stick with it but over all feels rather... unremarkable.

New Aaron Hernandez docu looks pretty tight. May check it out tonight.

Watched the first 2 episodes last night, it is pretty good. I was disappointed in that they glossed over what a POS Urban Meyer is and how much human filth he assembled on those Florida teams. They framed it like Meyer and Tebow were trying to save Hernandez, when Meyer has as much culpability as anyone for fostering that culture. The person who comes out looking the best is a semi-pro football player from Boston who looks like Jokim Noah. Also the high school QB angle is strange to say the least and doesn't really add anything but shock value.

We'll stick with it! Thanks!

I reserve the right to come back and post on here about how you guys are "morans", though.

Watched the first 2 episodes last night, it is pretty good. I was disappointed in that they glossed over what a POS Urban Meyer is and how much human filth he assembled on those Florida teams. They framed it like Meyer and Tebow were trying to save Hernandez, when Meyer has as much culpability as anyone for fostering that culture. The person who comes out looking the best is a semi-pro football player from Boston who looks like Jokim Noah. Also the high school QB angle is strange to say the least and doesn't really add anything but shock value.

His dad is the best character though

Really enjoyed "You". Just finished season 2 last night. Very binge-able, and does a good job of messing with your emotions on who you're supposed to like and hope to succeed. Both seasons did end a bit too abruptly, IMO.

Really enjoyed "You". Just finished season 2 last night. Very binge-able, and does a good job of messing with your emotions on who you're supposed to like and hope to succeed. Both seasons did end a bit too abruptly, IMO.

We got halfway through Season 1 and then just stopped. I'm not sure why. I think my wife was getting a bit uncomfortable with it and just didn't care about any of the characters. And I wasn't so enamored that I ever went back to it.

Have heard good stuff about Season 2. Maybe we'll go back to that well.

Mixed feelings here. At least we don't haven't worry about the subsequent seasons not being as good as the first.

Mixed feelings here. At least we don't haven't worry about the subsequent seasons not being as good as the first.

I was just about to start watching it this weekend. Guess there's no need to invest any time into it.

I was just about to start watching it this weekend. Guess there's no need to invest any time into it.

Disagree. It was really good and the season is pretty well self-contained. Definitely still worth watching. I wish there were more series that were as well contained.

Mindhunter actors have been released from their contracts and the series has been put on indefinite hiatus, apparently. Kind of confirms that story that Netflix doesn't really like to go more than 2 seasons (or might stop doing that as frequently) because they don't bring in new members that way. Forget if I saw that here or the twitters, so sorry if it has been discussed. The Mindhunter news is new, though.

Netflix should be more concerned with retention given the new competition out there.

GIRI / HAJI (Duty/Shame) on Netflix is fabulous! Joint BBC/Japanese production. Best TV production I have seen since the immortal and incomparable Breaking Bad.

FAUDA on Netflix is also great. Israeli production, like watching a documentary but it's fictional.

Back