• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Just 5 eps into The Crown S3, and enjoying it so far. My wife is a sucker for all things English, but the new castings are fair, and the HDR picture is well done.

Have she watched Derry Girls? It’s Irish but in the neighborhood. Pretty much the polar opposite of the crown but it is hilarious

Watched Last Tango in Paris. It sucked and was depressing. But it shows some boobs and a buttsecks scene, so its got that going for it.

That is going back in time. About half the cast of the movie has died. Including the leads, Marlon Brando and Maria Schneider.

Just 5 eps into The Crown S3, and enjoying it so far. My wife is a sucker for all things English, but the new castings are fair, and the HDR picture is well done.

I was very pleased with the third season of the crown. It was very well done.

Costner's Wyatt Earp is on Netflix. Back in the 90's it was way too long for theaters and was panned accordingly. Really loaded cast though, with great cinematography and detail.

It works well if you break it up into three or four parts while streaming. Dennis Quaid is my favorite Doc Holliday, even over Kilmer, who was also fun.

Started The Outsider. Very dark, very creepy, made me very depressed for some reason, like VERY depressed. Tried watching half of the Maradona doc after, but was too depressed. May need to fold in Succession or some shit in between eps so as not to get too depressed. I do like Ben Mendelsohn.

Forgot about Voiello, might need to check out s2 of Jude the Yung Peezy. Interested to hear what Voiello's thoughts on the Maradona doc would be.

We are finishing up PEN15 on Hulu. Entertaining show that'll make you cringe with awkwardness. Much nostalgia for late 90s-early 2000s kids.

It does get better. It finishes strong IMO. I think Yennifer is the most interesting character, and you haven’t met her yet. Most of the characters in the first episode aren’t really in much of the rest of the series.

That being said, I could see if you didn’t like it.

it does get better but hold on because the first 2-3 episodes are not very good.

I would agree it gets better and I did stick with it but over all feels rather... unremarkable.

Through 4 episodes now and my wife and I are all-in... It's an enjoyable show. Nothing spectacular, but Cavill carries the show and the tone makes it a fun watch.

Amazing someone though yennifer was interesting. I thought her parts of the show were the most tedious by far. More Cavill being the Witcher and less wizarding world politics

you didn't ask me but i think sex education is better than pen15 by a decent amount.

Thanks, bmoney!

We just finished Sex Education Season 2 and loved it, but want to find some similarly good/feel-good content to hold us over.

So, it's not in the same league as Sex Education, but would you recommend Pen15? I really liked Maya Erskine in the rom-com Plus Ones.

Thanks, bmoney!

We just finished Sex Education Season 2 and loved it, but want to find some similarly good/feel-good content to hold us over.

So, it's not in the same league as Sex Education, but would you recommend Pen15? I really liked Maya Erskine in the rom-com Plus Ones.

Sex Education is awesome. I also liked the following and they are sort of similar: Lovesick (first season was called Scrotal Recall - great name), Catastrophe, Everything Sucks, Hindsight, Kim’s Convenience (this is great), You’re the Worst, Schitts Creek.

Last edited:
Back