• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Don’t know if anyone has mentioned this one yet, but I really enjoyed Carnival Row on Prime. Victorian age low fantasy, with some good actors. Succinct 8 episode season 1. Murder mystery fantasy mix.

Don't Fuck with Cats was an interesting story, but the Facebook internet warriors they featured were incredibly annoyinng and it didn't appear that they did anything to actually help, they just gave the crazy dude the attention he was seeking. And the ending, where the annoying internet lady, Baudi Moovin, looks in the camera and asks the viewer if they are complicit -- no, sorry Baudi Moovin, I was not actively giving the crazy dude attention while he was out doing crazy murdery shit.

Don't Fuck with Cats was an interesting story, but the Facebook internet warriors they featured were incredibly annoyinng and it didn't appear that they did anything to actually help, they just gave the crazy dude the attention he was seeking. And the ending, where the annoying internet lady, Baudi Moovin, looks in the camera and asks the viewer if they are complicit -- no, sorry Baudi Moovin, I was not actively giving the crazy dude attention while he was out doing crazy murdery shit.

yeah i was entertained by the doc but had similar issues. first, maybe i'm misremembering but didn't someone basically just tell them, hey look at this weird guy, i think he may have done it. they didn't really use their stealthiness to find him as much as it just fell in their lap (maybe by the dude himself? not sure there). second, as you allude to, her little monologue at the end about who is to blame for this was horseshit.

the california dude seemed like a real dick. when they had their meet and greet and she was like we would have never done this without you and he was like, yeah you are right, you wouldn't have. way to go incel.

the california dude seemed like a real dick. when they had their meet and greet and she was like we would have never done this without you and he was like, yeah you are right, you wouldn't have. way to go incel.

This part cracked us up. It was made very clear why these people didn't engage in actual social interaction.

They kept going to the internnet sleuths talking about how they discovered these little intricate details and supposedly cracking the case, but then would cut back to the actual investigators doing their jobs and finding the dude completely separately.

I watched and enjoyed the first season of Sex Education last year, but don't feel strongly compelled to visit season 2. Will be interested to hear if ya'll think it's worth it.

yeah i was entertained by the doc but had similar issues. first, maybe i'm misremembering but didn't someone basically just tell them, hey look at this weird guy, i think he may have done it. they didn't really use their stealthiness to find him as much as it just fell in their lap (maybe by the dude himself? not sure there). second, as you allude to, her little monologue at the end about who is to blame for this was horseshit.

That was remarkable. The entire interaction in the diner was straight out of a Christopher Guest movie.

Anyone watch the new David Lynch short film What did Jack Do on Netflix?

Only 16 minutes but it was really something. Written, directed, and starred him

Anyone watch the new David Lynch short film What did Jack Do on Netflix?

Only 16 minutes but it was really something. Written, directed, and starred him

This was beyond absurd. I don't mean that in a bad way. Did not realize it was lynch but I laughed quite a bit. Not quite in my right mind though so... your mileage may vary.

i liked s2 of sex education better than s1, i think.

GIRI / HAJI (Duty/Shame) on Netflix is fabulous! Joint BBC/Japanese production. Best TV production I have seen since the immortal and incomparable Breaking Bad.

I have watched 2 1/2 episodes and can’t get into it. Does it improve?

Just started The Mandalorian on D+, and on the AppleTV, the picture was juddery, on the Roku, the picture smoothed out, but the signal wasn't flagged HDR, even though it was obviously bt.2020. Two eps in, and I'm diggin' the way it's shot to look like the original Trilogy, and the premise if a "hit of the week" with the long story of getting the baby to the bounty alive.

And it gets better from there.

Mindhunter actors have been released from their contracts and the series has been put on indefinite hiatus, apparently. Kind of confirms that story that Netflix doesn't really like to go more than 2 seasons (or might stop doing that as frequently) because they don't bring in new members that way. Forget if I saw that here or the twitters, so sorry if it has been discussed. The Mindhunter news is new, though.

just means more time for J. Groff to do Kristoff power ballads

Turns out the next season wasn’t a question of when. I never thought it’d be a question of whether.

This Aaron Hernandez documentary is nuts. Just killed two random dudes because one spilled a drink on him.

Back