• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

speaking of dark, the end of s2 of that show fucked me up for a bit

Haven’t gotten past ep 2 but at the end of that ep they play Bashed Out by This is the Kit which is an amazing use of that tune

I dig the show "you" It's clever enough and makes me realize, at least, I got a bit of stalker in me whenever I look someone up online.

Finished Cheer last night with the wife. Basically like "Last Chance U" but for competitive cheerleading. Found it really interesting, and had no idea how intense that world is (my only prior exposure was Bring It On). Some of the kids had unbelievably rough upbringings, and it's impossible not to root for them.

Cheer was good but not as heartbreaking as LCU to me because with that show all those kids have the dangling carrot of a D1 program wanting them or even the NFL pipe dream, when I’d say only a very small % of them even play anywhere else. With Cheer they’ve already reached the highest level so it was just about telling the stories of the individual athletes and whether they would win the one actual competition they participate in.

Just started Room 104. I’m four episodes in and I dig it. I’ve always loved most of the Duplass brothers’ stuff, especially the Creep movies.

If you enjoy Sci-fi and you're not watching The Expanse, you really should be. It's the most epic show on right now, imo.

If you enjoy Sci-fi and you're not watching The Expanse, you really should be. It's the most epic show on right now, imo.

I keep hearing about how good the expanse is but I'm having a hard time finishing season 1. Does it pick up in later seasons or do I just not get it.

I keep hearing about how good the expanse is but I'm having a hard time finishing season 1. Does it pick up in later seasons or do I just not get it.

It's properly rated and S1 is a setup season. Keep grinding and there will be a payoff. If you're not satisfied at the end of S2, then go ahead and bail.

ETA - This past season (4) they got that Bezos funding and it shows.

Last edited:
Cheer was good but not as heartbreaking as LCU to me because with that show all those kids have the dangling carrot of a D1 program wanting them or even the NFL pipe dream, when I’d say only a very small % of them even play anywhere else. With Cheer they’ve already reached the highest level so it was just about telling the stories of the individual athletes and whether they would win the one actual competition they participate in.

They didn't do a good job of explaining the difference between D1 and JUCO cheerleading. Like, yeah they were really good, but their main competition was another small JUCO in Texas. I assumed they'd get smoked by plenty of big D1 state schools with more money, scholarships, resources, etc?

It's properly rated and S1 is a setup season. Keep grinding and there will be a payoff. If you're not satisfied at the end of S2, then go ahead and bail.

ETA - This past season (4) they got that Bezos funding and it shows.

Yeah, sink 20 hours into watching a TV show and see if you like it.

Yeah that's exactly what I said, good call.

Back