• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

i'm kinda tempted to re-watch 1 and 2 before 3, but that's a big time commitment

did you find it easy to pick back up? did you watch any good recaps?

generally speaking, i have a bad memory for details

I didn't rewatch, but I kind of want to now. Netflix had a decent recap at the beginning. There were a couple of political things/players I didn't totally remember, but it all kind of fell together. Some of the weird sub plot things pop back up and remain pretty mysterious, which I like. I don't think you'd be in too much trouble.

They remain able to manage the detective noir, political, and historical balancing act pretty well, and a few weird quirks continue to pop up, though maybe less than the first couple. I found it pretty engaging.

Have a feeling this thread is going to be important over the next several weeks. Hope Netflix is ready for extra traffic.

Thought the last two episodes were pretty weak tbh. But enjoyed the season overall.

6 episodes into The Stranger on Netflix. Pretty good with lots of twists and turns. 2 more episodes left that I'll watch this weekend.

Anyone watching Love is Blind? I regrettably got sucked into it and it was truly absurd. Some good mindless trash content to distract from reality.

Anyone watching Love is Blind? I regrettably got sucked into it and it was truly absurd. Some good mindless trash content to distract from reality.

I watched all of it and I’m still recovering. Trash tv at its worst/finest. My favorite part was the reunion episode when Amber laid the smackdown on Jessica.

A couple clunky scenes right at the very end, but overall so good.

Thought the last two episodes were pretty weak tbh. But enjoyed the season overall.

Yeah, I don't disagree... I liked episode 9 and thought that they wrapped it up about as well as you could hope in episode 10, but it wasn't phenomenal.

Was impressed by the entire cast... The dude that played Claude was convincing both as a loser and The Outsider.

It ended in classic King fashion - the big ideas and themes didn’t really come together in the end. Generally I like the premises of his stories but they usually don’t end very well and The Outsider was no exception. He has said the way he writes is that he does not plot out his novels and it tends to show in the final product

Really glad I watched Chernobyl, have no interest in ever watching it again.

Dark Waters is damn good. Nothing special, but 70s style muckraking and a nail biter of a plot.

6 episodes into The Stranger on Netflix. Pretty good with lots of twists and turns. 2 more episodes left that I'll watch this weekend.

Harlan Coben writes good stuff. See also "The Five" and "Safe". I'm going to start "The Stranger" tonight.

Just finished Glitch on Netflix. Not too bad. The first season is pretty interesting, but the next two seasons aren’t on the same level.

Just finished Glitch on Netflix. Not too bad. The first season is pretty interesting, but the next two seasons aren’t on the same level.

I was on the fence as to whether to recommend this or not, but the ending really got me. It’s a slow-burn type show with a good emotional payoff.

Back