Page 18 of 231 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

So I didn't really enjoy the first ep of House of Cards.

Heavily stilted dialog with clunky delivery, overwrought music that makes the super exposition-heavy plotting seem melodramatic when the stakes haven't really been established yet, annoying that Kevin Spacey talks to the camera.

I guess I will watch another ep because the cast is stacked (plus Fincher) and I've heard such good things, but I thought that was a pretty piss-poor first ep.

ETA: the "lick my balls" line was awesome
    Last edited by TownieDeac; 07-29-2013 at 09:08 PM.

The British comedy Peep Show. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    So I didn't really enjoy the first ep of House of Cards.

Heavily stilted dialog with clunky delivery, overwrought music that makes the super exposition-heavy plotting seem melodramatic when the stakes haven't really been established yet, annoying that Kevin Spacey talks to the camera.

I guess I will watch another ep because the cast is stacked (plus Fincher) and I've heard such good things, but I thought that was a pretty piss-poor first ep.

ETA: the "lick my balls" line was awesome
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand second ep was incredible and I'm hooked and Kate Mara is the hottest.

Last edited by TownieDeac; 07-29-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Just watched Cabin in the Woods and liked it. Wasn't scary at all but rather thought provoking.

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand second ep was incredible and I'm hooked and Kate Mara is the hottest.

Was this chick in Nip Tuck for a few seasons?

Bernie Eskimo Bro
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesda3 View Post
    Was this chick in Nip Tuck for a few seasons?
    She was the son's girlfriend for a few episodes in season 1, and was also in the first season of American Horror Story.

Quote Originally Posted by DDA View Post
    Just watched Cabin in the Woods and liked it. Wasn't scary at all but rather thought provoking.
    Thought provoking? You want thought provoking? Watch the German film, "the silence"

Quote Originally Posted by Marquee Moon View Post
    Thought provoking? You want thought provoking? Watch the German film, "the silence"
    noted

I just finished up Fullmetal Alchemist. Its very good if you are into anime.

Deacsbravesdawgsetc
    Quote Originally Posted by KickballDeac View Post
    I enjoyed the first season of Nip/Tuck. Hadn't seen it before. Is it worth sticking with it?
    Yes, its very strong for the 2nd and 3rd seasons.

Then it starts to tail off pretty severely.

Deacsbravesdawgsetc
    Great call on Orange is the New Black, loving it.

I can't binge watch anymore, I have to only watch an ep at a time these days.

I have an HBO doc recommendation, not sure if its on Netflix yet. It about snowboarder Kevin Pearce called "The Crash Reel." Sucked me in and never looked back.

Ricky Peral
    Quote Originally Posted by Go View Post
    Great call on Orange is the New Black, loving it.

I can't binge watch anymore, I have to only watch an ep at a time these days.

I have an HBO doc recommendation, not sure if its on Netflix yet. It about snowboarder Kevin Pearce called "The Crash Reel." Sucked me in and never looked back.
    Really enjoying Orange is the New Black as well. The only part that I can't get past is that Yoga Jones did the voice of Patti Mayonnaise on "Doug". Every time she speaks, all I can think of is that show.

I loved Orange Is the New Black. Just a great show and I'm actually sort of sad that I won't see any new episodes for like a year.

I thought House of Cards was okay, but I feel like it's vastly overrated simply because of Spacey and because Fincher directed the first 2 episodes. Never got behind Spacey's asides directly into the camera. Overall, I just felt like it was a show that tried to hit all the tropes of a "prestige" TV show, but the parts didn't add up to a satisfying whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Say Hey Deac View Post
    I loved Orange Is the New Black. Just a great show and I'm actually sort of sad that I won't see any new episodes for like a year.

I thought House of Cards was okay, but I feel like it's vastly overrated simply because of Spacey and because Fincher directed the first 2 episodes. Never got behind Spacey's asides directly into the camera. Overall, I just felt like it was a show that tried to hit all the tropes of a "prestige" TV show, but the parts didn't add up to a satisfying whole.
    I started Ornage..need to finish

funny show

Quote Originally Posted by DDA View Post
    noted

Quote Originally Posted by BigTreeDeac View Post
    ...Yoga Jones did the voice of Patti Mayonnaise on "Doug". Every time she speaks, all I can think of is that show.
    Draxx them sklounst

Seriously. I'm glad that I finished the season before learning that.
    Hungry

Just watched Dear Zachary. Pretty intense.

British cop/crime dramas: Luther (Idris Elba), Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch), The Fall (Gillian Anderson), Prime Suspect (Helen Mirren), Hit & Miss (Chloe Sevigny), Wallander (Kenneth Branagh), etc. Even when they're not amazing, they're still well above average relative to their American counterparts. Just awesome television.
    We're going to be good again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayettenam View Post
    Just watched Dear Zachary. Pretty intense.
    Saddest film I've ever seen, absolutely crushed me.
    Draxx them sklounst