• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Watched "What Happened to Monday". It's a 2-hour Netflix movie that should have been a single episode of Black Mirror. Do not recommend.

I have been watching All American. A bit corny and stereotypical but it moves along well and is easy to watch when exercising. Probably best football series I have seen since Friday Night Lights.

lol, my teenage sister watches that show for the hot guys

the hot guys that are in their 30s playing high school kids

My middle school daughter has been trying to get us to watch All American as a family.

I was in the room for a minute or two and the dialogue is as bad as you think it would be

Just rewatch FNL. Fast forward through anything with lance in s2.

Just started this rewatch this week. I'm finding comfort in familiar stories right now. Books and TV.

You should watch Tiger King. It's like The Lion King, but with Tigers.

Just rewatch FNL. Fast forward through anything with lance in s2.

The irony is that apparently Lance was the only one that could play football for shit.

He’d throw around with the guys that actually did the football scenes and that’s when they added him to the team on the show.

That's funny. I would have put money on the smash if you had teased it a bit.

This is on regular network TV, but Legomasters is a great family show. The things these teams do with legos is amazing, but there are also some really great examples of teamwork and leadership, and just being decent human beings (not your typical reality show). Also, there are some gay contestants on the show that are portrayed just like everyone else on the show- no making them out to be any more or any less than anyone else on the show- just regular people who build awesome lego stuff, which I appreciate. My two boys love this show, almost as much as my wife and I do.

I don’t really do reality shows but with sports off I picked LEGO Masters late and started watching it. It’s a really well done show with something for everyone. The skill level and creativity is ridiculous. All the teams are likable as individuals and pairs. You see them struggle but learn how to work together. There’s no villain. It’s hard to root for any one team over anybody else.

The only negative is that I would have liked to know more about each pair. You kind of get into their relationship with respect to LEGO but not their personal relationship. Obviously some are closer than others. It would be interesting to see how the ones who aren’t couples became better friends during the show. And you can tell from the most recent eliminations that everyone got to know each other really well during the filming. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a show where the contestants, hosts, and judges got so emotional. I read that each episode takes three or four days to film so they have gotten to know each other well.

I hope they preserve those builds especially the theme park builds from the first episode.

Last edited:
This is on regular network TV, but Legomasters is a great family show. The things these teams do with legos is amazing, but there are also some really great examples of teamwork and leadership, and just being decent human beings (not your typical reality show). Also, there are some gay contestants on the show that are portrayed just like everyone else on the show- no making them out to be any more or any less than anyone else on the show- just regular people who build awesome lego stuff, which I appreciate. My two boys love this show, almost as much as my wife and I do.
Most reality shows start off this way but once they get signed for a second season they have to keep out doing themselves so it will change. They'll go with the typical formula: the flamboyant guy guy, the good looking jock guy, the super hot but not too bright girl, the nerdy girl, the over weight nice guy bla bla bla....but I'll give it a shot :)
Im not a tatoo person but we like Ink Masters. It's amazing what these people can do.

LOL. Stereotypes.

Fair enough but I just wanted to say "the smash" because he got shit for speaking in the 3rd person.

Also lego masters has been on our family watch list. It's on hulu.

The episode where they made bridges was a lot of fun. Shop Class on Disney Plus is pretty good, as well. And PHDeac and anybody else who is into theme parks should check out the Imagineers series on Disney Plus.

Most reality shows start off this way but once they get signed for a second season they have to keep out doing themselves so it will change. They'll go with the typical formula: the flamboyant guy guy, the good looking jock guy, the super hot but not too bright girl, the nerdy girl, the over weight nice guy bla bla bla....but I'll give it a shot :)
Im not a tatoo person but we like Ink Masters. It's amazing what these people can do.

LEGO Masters kinda has those but they’re really nice and kind.

The best thing about LEGO masters is it comes on right after The Masked Singer.

The Dave Chappelle, Mark Twain award ceremony on Netflix is really good. Lots of laughs.

Wasn’t ready for that Onward ending. Solid Pixar fare even if a little emotionally manipulative.

Crip Camp was a really well made doc about the civil rights movement for handicapped people. Great footage throughout.

Onward was solid. Bottom tier Pixar but good. Wish my boys would sit and watch movies with us now like they did when they were younger. They need a good lesson in brotherhood.

I’m glad the Pixar people have come up with such an entertaining way to address their daddy issues.

The wife and I were looking for a new show to watch last night so based on this thread we tried Dispatches from Nowhere and after one episode we decided we were OUT. We then switched to Outlander and after one episode we decided we were IN.

Back