• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Norsemen S3 is now available. If you haven’t watched this show then you are defs missing out.

I’ve been watching since I saw this. Definitely up my alley. Funny and absurd in a Monty Python way. Some of the jokes go on too long and some fall flat, but when they hit they are really funny. My wife walked into the room during Bonecrusher’s introduction, unfortunately, so she is out.

Just watched Upload basically in one sitting. Had no idea what it was about but liked it. Glad it was renewed for season 2

Watched Palm Springs last night. I thought it was really enjoyable. Samberg was great & it felt different than other time loop movies.

Yeah, I enjoyed Palm Springs. When I pointed out the girl from How I Met Your Mother to my wife, she argued that it wasn't Alyson Hannigan, which I admitted was correct.

So we watched two Quibi shows/movies recently that were fun enough to waste some time. Die Hart and Dummy. Die Hart was a silly action comedy with Kevin Hart, Travolta and Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandei from GOT). It was funny enough. Pretty much what you would expect from a Kevin Hart movie. I thought Dummy was really good and thought Anna Kendrick was great.

Has anyone watched Unbelievable yet? It's on my list but just not watched it yet.
Same with The Valhalla Murders.

Finally watched Unbelievable and man was it unbelievably slow and meh. Kept thinking it would get better but never did. It had a potential M Knight Shamalong type ending but it never materialized.
Would not recommend.

Not much on the Netflix - give these two a view?? We recently watched two documentaries; Audrie and Daisy and Tread. While very different they do share a few themes. Primarily, how small towns will protect their own regardless of the facts.

Audrie and Daisy was tough to watch. It is scary as a parent and a teacher to see how dangerous the effects of alcohol, cell phones, and social media are on our young teens. Obviously, alcohol and teens is/has always dangerous, but both stories involve "good" kids and have life-changing repercussions. One of the most disturbing aspects, for me, was how many kids participated or watched and did absolutely nothing to stop these assaults. These girls were just 14....

Tread is about a guy that tries to fight city hall and then goes about getting his retribution. Crazy that I have never heard of this story before the documentary.

Finishing up Giri/Haji. Pretty good, easy to breeze through series. Started Roman Empire which is a 3 season docu-series with each season focusing on the life of a different Emperor. Can be a bit over the top at times to keep people entertained but overall does a decent job of explaining the inner workings of the Roman system and the different personalities.

While not on Neflix the documentary Uncle Tom is good. It's about black conservatives and how/why they moved away from the democratic party. Don't want to turn this thread political so if it's not your cup of tea keep scrolling, no need to comment.

I thought HBO's Perry Mason was worth a watch, but I think one season is sufficient

I'd watch a second season though (just googled and it did get renewed)

Season two of the Umbrella Academy was bonkers. Gerard Way has such a creative and unique mind. If you haven’t watched this show you are missing out.

Just finished the new season of Last Chance U. Cali football is wayyy different than southeastern football. I really liked the coach for Laney. By far the best coach of the three schools showcased.

Just watched S1 of Teenage Bounty Hunters and we loved it. Just a really fun show that was easy to watch. Highly recommend. I really hope there is a S2.

Not sure if it’s been discussed yet but we are watching Mindhunter right now and it’s really really good.

Not sure if it’s been discussed yet but we are watching Mindhunter right now and it’s really really good.

both seasons are good but a 3rd season is up in the air. apparently all cast members were released but the series in not technically cancelled.

I'm all in on HBO at the moment

I May Destroy You: stuck the landing in the season finale

Lovecraft Country: pretty great expression of the genre so far

The Vow: shaping up to be a good docuseries after ep 1

Lovecraft Country is doing the "wait what the fuck am i even watching" thing better than most shows I've seen try to do it

that should be a genre, i think

Back