Page 20 of 234 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Watched the pilot of this on Sunday night. Other than Elizabeth Moss's miserable New Zealand accent, I thought it was intriguing. Beautiful art direction. I just dont understand why they chose her instead of an actress from NZ for that role.

I just finished Sherlock a couple of minutes ago. Fantastic series, like 10/10 worthy.

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacHead View Post
    I just finished Sherlock a couple of minutes ago. Fantastic series, like 10/10 worthy.
    The Hounds of Baskerville episode drops it to a 9 but it was certainly fantastic.

Laura Prepon leaving Orange is the New Black.

13 episode 2nd season confirmed.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/is...ml?cache=clear

Some great ken burns documentaries. Prohibition, Baseball.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Never Murdered My FIL
    Just finished The Long Way Round and started The Long Way Down. Good stuff.

Just finished Luther. Honestly liked it significantly more than Sherlock.

Gonna watch a few other shows and movies before coming back to BBC shows and starting up The Fall and going back to Top of the Lake.

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Just finished Luther. Honestly liked it significantly more than Sherlock.

Gonna watch a few other shows and movies before coming back to BBC shows and starting up The Fall and going back to Top of the Lake.
    Luther was SO GOOD. Idris Elba is such a boss. I may have liked it more than Sherlock too. I just couldn't wait to watch the next episode. I think there is a season airing now or at least in the very near future. BBC's production quality is just sky high right now (just like HBO and Showtime).

We watched Orange is the New black. Pretty entertaining. A bit disappointed to learn how much of it is fictionalized, but it serves its purpose.

Anybody watch Senna? Its great.

Better Off Ted is fantastic (old news, though, I know). Just 2 seasons. Shame it got cancelled.

Deacsbravesdawgsetc
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesda3 View Post
    Laura Prepon leaving Orange is the New Black.

13 episode 2nd season confirmed.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/is...ml?cache=clear
    I actually hate Laura Prepon so this is good news IMHO.

But that being said, it will be interesting to see in what direction they take Piper, etc. Sepinwall and other reviews seemed to hate Jason Biggs character, I actually kind of identified w/ the guy more so than Piper especially.

Just watched Drive. So great. So chill and then over the top violent.

I want to play the soundtrack and cruise around my neighborhood late at night.

Quote Originally Posted by WRS View Post
    Watched The Queen of Versailles about the timeshare king who was building the 90,000 square foot house in Florida. Pretty unreal story.
    Just watched this as well....very good!

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    Luther was SO GOOD. Idris Elba is such a boss. I may have liked it more than Sherlock too. I just couldn't wait to watch the next episode. I think there is a season airing now or at least in the very near future. BBC's production quality is just sky high right now (just like HBO and Showtime).
    Just watched the first episode...and hooked.

Dredd, the recent movie based on the Judge Dredd comic, is now available. Violent, lots of action, if you're a fan of the comic you'll probably like it.

Watched The Road with Viggo Mortensen. That is one bleak movie. I'm surprised it got made. Thought it was a good movie though. But I think most people would hate it.

Can't believe they took Party Down off of instant streaming. Currently watching Can't Hardly Wait.

Quote Originally Posted by DieselDeac View Post
    Just watched Drive. So great. So chill and then over the top violent.

I want to play the soundtrack and cruise around my neighborhood late at night.
    Loved it! Awesome movie.

So Luther was awesome, good rec by the 9348394 of you that mentioned it on here. May have to go back through The Wire now to get more Idris.