• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I mean its just a fun show that you need to suspend belief a lot. I mean the main plot is a super successful and now rich luxury car dealership owner cares that a small dojo gets opened by his childhood rival he hasnt seen in 30 years. The fact that pretty much every conflict could be solved by an extra two sentences in dialogue. Also somehow characters keep ending up at the same places despite it being LA, like there is apparently a single bar, a single restaurant, etc..

The best thing about the show is the Johnny Lawrence stuff. It's like he got in a time machine of drunkenness and suddenly arrived sober 35 years later and it's an even bigger shitshow. The show itself, meaning all the subplot stuff with the kids and a lot of the subplot stuff with Ralph Macchio, is just filler and, frankly, dumb. It's like they went back in time to some early 90s Aaron Spelling 90210 episode and grabbed outtakes. But the stuff with Johnny is for the most part golden. The show can be very, very funny in its way, which is why I keep watching. And the underlying issues with how Johnny Lawrence became a nobody and Ralph Macchio used his great 1984 victory to propel him in life is something that you could easily see play out in real life. There's a charm about that somehow. If you saw the movie in the theater in 984 like I did, those guys grew up to be exactly what you thought they'd be. That is if you spent any amount of time at all thinking about it, which nobody did. Both characters are very relatable and real, I think, in a way that they came no way close to in the original Karate Kid.

We recently started watching the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and have mostly been enjoying it. Had no idea what the premise of the show was before we started it, so it's even more quirky than I was expecting. Despite a few duds so far in S1, I'm cautiously optimistic that it'll get better in S2.

Misfits on Hulu starring Ramsay Bolton and Klaus from Umbrella Academy is great for 3 seasons. Its sense of humor is pretty cringey at first, but I eventually found it quite endearing.

I'm looking forward to the Challenger documentary on Netflix. Supposedly I saw it happen live while in my high chair.

Taco Chronicles has a new season - Suadero, Cochinita, Cabrito, American Taco, Burrito, Burria and Pescado.

We recently started watching the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and have mostly been enjoying it. Had no idea what the premise of the show was before we started it, so it's even more quirky than I was expecting. Despite a few duds so far in S1, I'm cautiously optimistic that it'll get better in S2.

Watched this with the wife. Took some time off and recently finished the final season. Definitely has some good moments, running jokes etc. If you like it early it will probably hold up for you though we took a break of a year or two before finishing.

<dd65, col anus trigger warning>

Favorite joke of the entire season was the "she's alive dammnit" guy in the opening saying, "white guys lead the world in committing creepy crimes."

I flipped over to the Emmys and saw Schitts Creek win 5 awards during halftime of Nuggets-Lakers. Crazy.

It took a bit to get used to the show during Season 1 but it's brilliant and quickly moving into my top 5. We're midway through Season 3.

We loved it so much that I think wifey is going to require that we start it again soon. I'm pretty sure that one of us says to the other at least once a day "Eww, David"

it is. social media (ph's facebook notwithstanding) is such shit.

We just started Schitt's Creek. It's pretty funny and I also love the 21 minute episodes.

I can’t believe I watched the whole BBQ showdown series.

Bojack Horseman on the other hand is a really great show. Most of the way through season 4 so far, doing about 8 episodes a week.

It's on Hulu, not Netflix, but we started watching Ramy and its really good. Just finishing season 1

Some kind of Father of the Bride 3 is premiering today on Netflix's YouTube channel

Ramy is just fantastic- that show is breaking ground in tv that had never been seen before. Not just Muslim characters either , there is a scene in season two about ramy’s uncle and a cake that just totally hit me in the feels.

Back