• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

A little late to it but Ted Lasso on Apple+ is excellent. Its ten 27-minute episodes, which we finished in 7 days so we could cancel the trial. Feel good comedy series of the summer and my wife who doesn't like or know anything about European soccer loved it.

Watched Ted Lasso based off this and the subsequent posts. Very enjoyable.

It's probably more appropriate on the movie thread but the 2 most recent movies I've seen were on Amazon and this thread is sitting right there at the top of the page so I'll go with this one.

First there's Borat Subsequent Movie Film. Loved it, Maria Bakalova is a gem and scene stealer. As a satirist, Sacha Baron Cohen has still got it.

Hey that's a segue to my 2nd film. On the other end of the "still got it" spectrum, there's Jay and Silent Bob Reboot. Just a turd and I'm no doubt a part of the demo Kevin Smith was courting - View Askewniverse fans looking for one last go-round with a world we once enjoyed. I've been in denial since it seems inconceivable to DeacHeac circa 2001 but it just has to be said - Kevin Smith sucks. I've known that for a while but thought he could at least do pandering fan service but nope, he sucks at that too.

Finally got around to watching Borat 2. I went in with limited expectations and laughed my balls off most of the movie. Definitely worth the watch.

Favorite scenes: Country Steve singing the Wuhan Flu song at the Trump Rally, the Faxing scene("He's not as alive as he used to be") and Rudy definitely looked like he was ready to whip his cock out before they ran in and stopped the scene.

Finally got around to watching Borat 2. I went in with limited expectations and laughed my balls off most of the movie. Definitely worth the watch.

Favorite scenes: Country Steve singing the Wuhan Flu song at the Trump Rally, the Faxing scene("He's not as alive as he used to be") and Rudy definitely looked like he was ready to whip his cock out before they ran in and stopped the scene.
Somebody posted a cell phone video of the full, many-minute wuhan flu song either here or on Facebook right after it happened.

Way, way funnier when he sang all the verses and you could hear the crowd singing. They cut it way down for the movie, probably because it didn't make any fucking sense to the story. I wish they'd left it all in there. Catchy tune. Awful people

Somebody posted a cell phone video of the full, many-minute wuhan flu song either here or on Facebook right after it happened.

Way, way funnier when he sang all the verses and you could hear the crowd singing. They cut it way down for the movie, probably because it didn't make any fucking sense to the story. I wish they'd left it all in there. Catchy tune. Awful people

I want to find that.

I want to find that.
It makes better sense too, bc "Country Steve" had clearly been booked to play that set and the band was clearly in on it too. The movie makes it look like it just sorta happened accidentally, but the crowd was into it!

That father-daughter ball scene was cringe inducing, funny, and sad all at once. That dance though.

They pulled back once on the larger crowd and nearly every daughter looked like they hated being there. Sad.

I'm obviously pretty biased, but the National Geographic documentary City So Real by the same folks as Hoop Dreams is streaming on Hulu and I think it's great

filmed during the most recent Chicago mayoral election, with a last piece filmed during the unrest this summer, it follows the candidates and stories across the city

best work I've seen that really captures all the different parts and perspectives of Chicago

I am just not into the Borat movies, but did think that Sacha Baron Cohen was good in the Chicago 7.

A little late to it but Ted Lasso on Apple+ is excellent. Its ten 27-minute episodes, which we finished in 7 days so we could cancel the trial. Feel good comedy series of the summer and my wife who doesn't like or know anything about European soccer loved it.

just got renewed for 2 more seasons

Back