• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Just finished binge watching the first season of Stranger Things...

It’s good enough I’ll keep watching. Not great, but good enough.

Seems like sort of an semi-amalgamation of Stand By Me and X-Files.

I'm halfway through and enjoying a show called Pine Gap (netflix; just 6 episodes) which is like 24 but only the scenes in CTU without Jack Bauer.

In case you bought an Apple product and got free Apple TV, Ted Lasso is pretty hard not to enjoy.

In case you bought an Apple product and got free Apple TV, Ted Lasso is pretty hard not to enjoy.

Probably my favorite show of the year. I don't know if it would be most years, but it's the show the world needs in this one, and was especially welcome when the wife and I watched it in the weeks leading up to the election. She also loved it.

Last edited:
There are so many ways it could have been Karate Kid: The New Class and failed miserably but it didn’t. It took the best of 80s and modern storytelling and made a good story. It helps that all the kids in the main cast actually know how to fight.

Anyone watching The Undoing on HBO? Didn’t realize there was only one episode left. Lots of interesting twists and turns especially with this last episode.

Anyone watching The Undoing on HBO? Didn’t realize there was only one episode left. Lots of interesting twists and turns especially with this last episode.

Haven't seen Sunday's ep yet, but we've been enjoying it.

I watched A Wilderness of Error on Hulu (it's an FX docuseries) about the Jeffrey MacDonald case. As somebody who remembers very vividly the Fatal Vision miniseries and his in-laws making the rounds on TV networks, I thought it was a worthwhile re-visit. A lot of curious stuff about the case and perhaps enough to provide some doubt, but I'm not sure it would be considered reasonable doubt. Overall, I thought it was very even-handed.

Finished it last night...I thought it was solid.

Just finished the first season of Ramy last night. I think the show is excellent. Funny and thoughtful and generally entertaining. Looking forward to S2.

Also watched Happiest Season over the weekend and thought it was really good.

Overall it was good, but thought the finale was a bit too predictable and underwhelming considering how good the previous episodes were.

Thought this was a good, entertaining series. I didn't think the killer was too predictable, and until the last episode I would not have been surprised if it was one of about five candidates. Heck, until the last flashbacks showing the murder, I still would have believed it was at least one other candidate.

I started watching that murder documentary on HBO that I kept seeing promos for, and it is ok, at best. Not done yet. Will be impressed if there is some closure, since it seems like it was an open case (at least when the documentary started, X years after the murder).

I'll second Ramy- I may have said this before but that show is just doing some ground breaking, never seen before on TV type stuff and doing it in a very entertaining, funny, and sometimes heartbreaking way.

The wife and I are very much enjoying Ted Lasso on Apple TV plus- a feel good show for sure. Almost no futbol action to be seen , despite being about a futbol team (insert soccer is boring joke here).

Back