• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Next season of Big Mouth arrives Friday, can't remember if that got mentioned. Awesome show.

Really enjoyed The Queen’s Gambit. Excellent show.

The wife and I are on season 2 of Undercover on Netflix and it's enjoyable. It's a Danish show and it's overdubbed but you forget about that pretty quickly.

I dug Queen's Gambit as well

took me a beat to get into it but I ended up really liking it

Kids are engrossed right now in their rewatch of Floor is Lava

I would pay good money to watch a documentary about what happens to contestants on floor is lava when they fall into the lava. I mean, we all have our theories but I want to know!

I watched two mediocre action movies on Netflix the last two nights starring an a-lister (Bruce Willis) and a b-lister (Ryan Philippe).

I was mostly interested in how the villains of both movies were more or less progressive activists: one was trying to redistribute wealth by dismantling banking networks and they other was trying to overturn the second amendment.

Weird pattern starting to emerge

Republicans watch Netflix too.

Watched DC Noir last night on Amazon, a movie by George Pelecanos featuring four of his short stories from his book by the same title. I read the book when it came out like 15 years ago and enjoyed it, and I thought that the stories were pretty compelling, though pretty dark. And it was cool to watch the movie since it was all filmed in DC and I recognized most of the locations .

Republicans watch Netflix too.

Sure, but they don't usually make movies.

You don't think these anti-progressive subtexts in low-budget action flicks are unusual? It was more than the usual macho army-and-guns-are-cool stuff.

You don't think these anti-progressive subtexts in low-budget action flicks are unusual? It was more than the usual macho army-and-guns-are-cool stuff.

Didn't the first Kingsmen with SLJ also have a progressive bad guy? He wanted to have humanity kill each other off so we could save ourselves from global warming.

Supremely rich bad guys have always been a theme in Hollywood. Now that the supremely rich are the hippies and their kids, it is inevitable that some bad guys are going to be left of center.

I feel like multiculturalism is the enemy in several Clint Eastwood movies

Yes they are unusual but they fit within the Netflix brand to market toward niche audiences. And progressive bad guys are an emerging trend.

Yes they are unusual but they fit within the Netflix brand to market toward niche audiences. And progressive bad guys are an emerging trend.
If you'll recall, this is exactly what my post was wanting to discuss. Would have been cool for you to post this then instead of your dismissive bullshit.

Didn't the first Kingsmen with SLJ also have a progressive bad guy? He wanted to have humanity kill each other off so we could save ourselves from global warming.

Supremely rich bad guys have always been a theme in Hollywood. Now that the supremely rich are the hippies and their kids, it is inevitable that some bad guys are going to be left of center.

Good call. I can't remember the plot of kingsmen. Need to revisit.

sounds like a media studies conference paper

If you'll recall, this is exactly what my post was wanting to discuss. Would have been cool for you to post this then instead of your dismissive bullshit.

“Republicans watch Netflix too” is the exact same point as noting the Netflix plan to market to various audiences.

I referenced what Jordan supposedly said about sneakers. It wasn’t dismissive at all. I acknowledged and reaffirmed your point by connecting it to a cultural touchstone.

I was referring more to this part of your post:

"And progressive bad guys are an emerging trend."

That's what my post was asking about. You seemed more interested in how Netflix was catering to Republican audiences and redirected the conversation that way.

I didn't recognize the Jordan allusion. Not familiar with it

Back